Re-order GTI

Rigsby

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for being stupid but if I get paddles as standard which steering wheel do I get? Will it be a basic one without volume control etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it will be a feckin cool GTI one without all those silly exec buttons on it (no offence RED, but you had no choice!) and two feckin cool paddles behind it! 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The blue graphite colour is the business ! The leather and 18"'s and the dsg are the essentials for me anyway , after that I wouldn't care , if I could get it in two weeks I would !

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken33 have you got your GTI yet? If so could you show me a pic of it please?

It says at the bottom of the latest price list that paddles come standard on DSG GTIs so your stealer is talking rubbish.

If it makes you feel any better, I just got back from seeing my stealer and he didn't know that either. In fact after I pointed it out to him he went to change their order for their next demo car to save themselves a bit of money 169144-ok.gif

O K have a little wager with garage. Something like if my uk my2006 2.0t fsi dsg gti doesn't have paddles, I (Rigsby) will give you, sales man, £500 cash (hush hush). However, if it does have paddles then you, salesman, will have it lifeshine'd, tank of optimax, gti keyring, gti mats, any other things you can think of that can go out the back door, all free. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

O K have a little wager with garage. Something like if my uk my2006 2.0t fsi dsg gti doesn't have paddles, I (Rigsby) will give you, sales man, £500 cash (hush hush). However, if it does have paddles then you, salesman, will have it lifeshine'd, tank of optimax, gti keyring, gti mats, any other things you can think of that can go out the back door, all free. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one! The thing is, the guy told me would call me back today after i had spoke to him and guess what? No phone call. Its like i'm trying to sell myself a car, he doesn't seem bothered at all. I know that he has others customers but i've told him i want to sort things out quickly!! I just want to buy a car smirk.gif

It sounds as if it's time to start getting heavier with him. Tell him you are giving him deadlines to respond to you and if he continues giving you such poor customer service you are putting matters in writing and going directly to VW UK to complain formally.

No dealer can afford to have to answer to customer complaints which are justified (not from a customer who's being an arsehole as some can be!). You must be prepared to back your words and actions - Don't pussyfoot with it!

[ QUOTE ]

It sounds as if it's time to start getting heavier with him. Tell him you are giving him deadlines to respond to you and if he continues giving you such poor customer service you are putting matters in writing and going directly to VW UK to complain formally.

No dealer can afford to have to answer to customer complaints which are justified (not from a customer who's being an arsehole as some can be!). You must be prepared to back your words and actions - Don't pussyfoot with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right R/R.

I still haven't found out anymore info on the other GTI yet (like is it an 06 and will the garage let it go). This just takes the shine off buying a new car, its supposed to be enjoyable and I hate having to chase to people (in the end they think your being an arse because your on at them all the time). I will call him tomorrow and get this thing sorted.

VW UK Customer Relations will thank you for any feedback which is genuine. I would phone them and ask for their email so you can then calmly and objectively make your complaint. The 'VeeDub mother ship' will want you to be a satisfied customer - Nothing less will satisfy them. No-one wants to lose customers.

[ QUOTE ]

It's shocking they can get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No! They can't get away with it if you do something about it. Just complaining here is fine but if you do no more they will continue getting away with it.

If you are unhappy about any service then complain and do so calmly and objectively through appropriate channels and you'll get results. It works for me every time! I've had 3 free full tanks of Optimax in 7 weeks and other albeit small goodies for free by way of apologies for this and that which I have politely but VERY firmly complained about.

[ QUOTE ]

Good one! The thing is, the guy told me would call me back today after i had spoke to him and guess what? No phone call. Its like i'm trying to sell myself a car, he doesn't seem bothered at all. I know that he has others customers but i've told him i want to sort things out quickly!! I just want to buy a car smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The salesman at my local dealer seemed pretty disinterested when I was after purchasing a GTI from them about 3 months ago. Quoted me the blerb from the brochure and then nearly laughed at me when I asked about a discount -- said they sell themselves (which I can't deny). Had pretty much the same story when I went to buy my current car (a 1.4 Polo) a year and a half ago. One sales guy told me to "come back closer to the time of purchase" when I told him I was planning on having one within the month. All dealerships/garages need to get their acts together if you ask me. smashfreakB.gif

I know what you're saying Robin, but if they're like that before the sale has been made, what are they going to be like once they have your deposit?

Since my bad experience I've since found a lot of other local people with the same issues at the same dealership. It puzzles me how they stay in business.

i had the same problem stealer was very blaze about the deal and as soon as id put my deposit down he just got worse. i left several messages for him and never got a phone call back. once i went in to see him to complain and he walked past me several times without even acknoledging me. so i spoke to the sales manager and got my deposit back.

they told me jan 06 delivery in june (they had filled their quotas)

i went elsewhere and re ordered in 2 weeks. and now am picking my car up on the 28th sept. see how different stealers can be. The new dealer at romford vw is really helpfull and got me lots of extras thrown in and has kept me well informed of all the stages the car has gone through (by phone)

By the way when you get your call from VW UK after collection what do they ask you?

im thinking of seriously complaining about the first dealer and telling them that if it wasnt for the GTI being such a cool car then i probably wouldnt have gone to a vw dealer and therefore wouldnt have bought a VW again in my life !!!

[ QUOTE ]

By the way when you get your call from VW UK after collection what do they ask you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say I had a call from VW. The dealer rang me a couple of days after I picked up just to check everything was ok. I've also just had a survey through the post, again from the dealer, on how happy I was with the service received. I must say the service from this dealer has been excellent.