Not happy

rowley

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as my order is now delayed I feel like changing it. Do you think xenon lights are really worth it? As after reading some threads about posing factor, the fact they do look a lot better etc. However, practically do they light up the road a heck of a lot better?

Also (forgive my ignorance here) I take it they are bulbs, and bulbs need replacing - are they more expensive to replace?

Cheers guys!

The standard lights are excellent but the Xenons are awesome in the way they brightly light up a very definable area, especially on dipped beam. The down side is that it's important to have their alignment set up (best by the dealer at delivery time) so they don't blind oncoming traffic. Some people will even think that your normal headlights are too bright though! If some people think your headlights are on full when they're not, they soon get the message when you flash them.

Cost of replacement bulbs?....I don't know yet. Someone else who does will answer.

Hi Rayza,

I am in Wantage, but wouldnt give the local Ridgeway garage a penny of my money fekr.gif I went to Swindon Mann Egerton and got £600 off. A very good service as well good comms and excellent hand over. 12 weeks from order to delivery as well 169144-ok.gif

ps i would have thought Iffley Road would have less slots than the bigger garages though

i haven't had them yet so don't miss them. IMO they are still well overpriced.

I'm amazed they aren't in the £200-300 bracket. It seems alot of money for what is ultimately 'brighter headlights'.

You can replace the standard bulbs with Philips +50% vision plus.

They are Xenon filled bulbs that give off a much whiter light. No substitute, but a good compromise IMO

Hi Chris

Yeah I have heard bad things of Ridgeway. I went to Iffley as they are round the courner from me and more importantly they had a cancelled order that I could spec up for early delivery. But if only I discovered this site before I ordered my car!

P.S Did you ever work at Vodafone in Abingdon

Who ever asked about the zenons

I went with the standard lights and changed the bulbs that made a huge improvment i think VW used candles for bulbs on the standard lights.

The zenon bulbs in general for VAG cars cost between £75-£110 not cheap for a bulb and they seem to not like lots of vibration or they pop. A mate of mine works in an industrial estate with a ridged concrete road down to it so its like a cobled street hes had to replace his bulbs twice in two years.

So if you can go onto this site and buy Zenon bulbs for the MkV - why do we pay extra for Zenon headlights on our GTI's?

Surely there is a difference to just putting in off the shelf Zenon bulbs for £25 and paying £700 for the VW fitted - and don't go telling me the auto levelling and headlight washers cost the £675...