In-dash 6CD player

lazydragon

Hi all

I'm waiting for my gti to arrive in a few months

The Australian GTi comes standard with the in-dash 6cd player (not the sat nav /w dvd)

1. Does anyone know if it can read mp3 files?

2. If not, how hard is it to install the ipod connector people have been talking about? DIY or should I get someone to do it.

5 more months & counting down frown.gif

Hi lazydragon, welcome mate.

The wait is a killer I know!

I do not think it will play mp3, some confusion over this as, but as of yet not heard anyone able to do this. Ipod connector should be ok to diy (thats what i am planning at some point).

Also what spec are you getting.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all

The Australian GTi comes standard with the in-dash 6cd player (not the sat nav /w dvd)

2. If not, how hard is it to install the ipod connector people have been talking about? DIY or should I get someone to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lazydragon smile.gif

The IPod connector is a simple 30-40min job if you're handy with a screwdriver 169144-ok.gif

Easy how to instructions here http://www.enfigpix.com/tech_vw_mk5_icelink.html

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazydragon - I guess you are in Australia - the player does not play MP3s. I was talking to a dealer yesterday who had just found out that VW were looking at putting players with ipod connection in Polo GTIs but it worked out too expensive. Instead they will have an aftermarket fix that will be available for dealers to install as an option and for extra dollars - suitable for Golf GTIs as well and will be able to be installed on existing vehicles. They are at present working out what the cost will be - and then we wait for it to happen. Forgot to ask what timeframe they were looking at - will do that next time we speak.

Should be available by the time your car comes. Don't worry the time passes really slowly, just so you can enjoy the moment of first driving it all the more. jump.gif