Getting Closer - Had a call from Motorprovider

ysabelle

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nearly brought from Euroimports last year, but I kept changing my mind about spec etc and messing (Richard) around. He was first class all the way through, keeps you updated with what's going on the whole time etc. And in the end when I cancelled he didn't give me a seconds grief. If you're going to import then Richard is a very safe bet to use, and I can say that without even buying a car from him!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Has anybody bought a motor from or heard of Euro Imports?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I bought my car from Euroimports. They are superb. I did serious research on the merits of importing before I chose them.

My car was delivered in 7 weeks, came with cruise, warning triangle, oil, bottle opener, leather bound manual and 6 miles on the clock as standard! and a superb valet pre collection. Also within a week of collection I had my 2 year VW warranty and VW assistance confirmation from VW UK in the post. The order proceedure was a doddle and I had many confirmations in writing, from questions of UK spec to confirmation that the dealer had been paid for the car (before I paid for it) to status updates throughout the order and delivery process.

Can't believe dealers could match that service + I've got £3K in my pocket over list price.

Oh and to burst one other bubble, my car was at my local VW garage on Monday, having condensation of o/s foglight looked at on warranty... thus dispelling the myth that imported cars are unwelcome. Rubbish. Its revenue.

Only complaint was that it didn't feel as good picking the car up from a private dealer, as opposed to a forecourt, but for £3K extra, that's an expensive day out!

Has anyone had a bad experience with Euros?

[ QUOTE ]

What exactly is a UK spec alarm? Do you mean a Thatchem 1 and if so what distinguishes that from say an alarm of inferior quality.? Would be grateful for the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically (but not exactly), the way it works when you import a car is that you are ordering it in the standard specification of the country of order, and then amending it by specifying order codes, (which are for all intensive purposes 'optional extras' albeit often at no extra cost if it is either or), the UK spec changes to the car.

My car, for example, was ordered through Denmark. Some of the differences in specification between a standard Danish spec car and UK spec car are that the steering wheel is on the left, there is no spare wheel, driving lights are on all the time, there is no interior proximity alarm, there are only 6 standard speakers, cruise control is standard and the warning triangle and 1st aid box is standard.

So, as you can imagine, it’s reasonable to expect the importer to specify a change of the steering wheel from the left to the right as that would be relatively easy to spot!

But the point is that a lot of importers would leave it there, omitting to add in the spare wheel, upgrading the alarm, changing the light setting, adding the 2 missing speakers or spare wheel. Meanwhile they are happy to sing the virtues of ‘free’ cruise control whilst selling your leather bound manual and first aid kit on ebay! And, to take the piss completely, they then pass the car off as 100% UK spec. They obviously think nobody would ever spot the 2 missing speakers or lesser alarm.

All of this scenario is based on ordering a car from Denmark. Now, order it through Cyprus as some importers do, and your car might not even have an alarm, or lowered suspension at all, as the rumour goes…

Euroimports are good, because they know what they are doing.

ciaran1 - the GTI's that weren't Thatcham 1 mostly didn't have interior protection - the internal sensors had not been fitted. For UK cars these come automatically, but in some countries these are an optional extra at a price: some imports came without and were not Cat 1 compliant (previously Motorpoint's Cypriot supplied cars - their more recent cars have been EU supplied and had them) 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

any news SteveGTI ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ysabelle, yes I have it !!

Motorprovider have been exellent, I cant fault them. They have done everything they said they would. Even the delivery driver was in constant contact. I saved over £4000 on vw list price smile.gif

Car has 6 miles on the clock. It has a spare wheel,bottle opener & handbook has a leather cover!

Im very happy jump.gif

If it has the "smoking pack" there will be an ashtray in the offside rear door. Also there will be an ashtray in the front centre pod. Both have a removable insert (for fag-end disposal).

Standard UK specification cars do not have these 169144-ok.gif

If it's DSG it should have hill start assistance (see DSG roll back thread) beerchug.gif

It's pretty small print stuff - just go out and enjoy the car 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

any news SteveGTI ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ysabelle, yes I have it !!

Motorprovider have been exellent, I cant fault them. They have done everything they said they would. Even the delivery driver was in constant contact. I saved over £4000 on vw list price smile.gif

Car has 6 miles on the clock. It has a spare wheel,bottle opener & handbook has a leather cover!

Im very happy jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great News! So did you have it delivered to your home address?

Can you post some pics up with your new pride and joy - just to make sure you havent got mine! wink.gif

Cheers beerchug.gif