It is true, Cruise Control for £150!

Tunner

Taken from the current edition of the VW fitted accessory packs brochure dated March 2006 (VW-APPFAP010306).

My local dealership would not believe me until they found this brochure. Compared to having it factory fitted it is an amazing bargain and covered by a 3 year warranty!

The pack consists of a new stalk and subsequent link into VAGCOM to update the multi function Display.

cruise7ly.jpg

I've got the Ipod adaptor fitted to mine - it's effin great!

The only draw back is that if you have a muti changer fitted in the centre arm rest, you will loose this as the Ipod needs the input socket which the changer would use.

It's also a good idea to create playlists within the ipod (upto 5) and play your favorite tunes through these otherwise it will just play all of your tracks alphabetically.

Sum up - SUPERB! laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've got the Ipod adaptor fitted to mine - it's effin great!

The only draw back is that if you have a muti changer fitted in the centre arm rest, you will loose this as the Ipod needs the input socket which the changer would use.

It's also a good idea to create playlists within the ipod (upto 5) and play your favorite tunes through these otherwise it will just play all of your tracks alphabetically.

Sum up - SUPERB! laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]is it right that if you have the ipod connected through the ipod link you lose the display on the ipod screen.....therefore you cant tell what song the ipod is playing until you hear it.....

[ QUOTE ]

The pack consists of a new stalk and subsequent link into VAGCOM to update the multi function Display.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's just to enable cruise control on the ECU. I have factory fitted cruise and nothing displays in the MFD, there's just a light on the dash whenever cruise control is switched on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's just to enable cruise control on the ECU. I have factory fitted cruise and nothing displays in the MFD, there's just a light on the dash whenever cruise control is switched on.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's a 'just as factory fit' install & I had mine done at my VW dealer the day before I picked up my car for £150inc VAT after I waved that very brochure in front of him. Prior to that he was asking me for £299 & he said he's discounted it, very funny jump.gif

No MFD display on this or the factory fit, speedo only when it's swiched on not just set

The on/off switch went a bit wonky on mine,it wasn't springing back to the on position when I flicked it to disable cruise mode,it just stuck in the middle.I noticed it because cruise wouldn't engage.Pressed it a bit and it seemed to click back into place but it's not the sturdiest of switches IMO

The brochure is the latest available in VW dealerships, just quote the part number in my original post at the top of this page.

The only picture I saw on here was a blurred one taken with a crap mobile phone without the relevant data, but I stand corrected if someone posted the image above before me?

[ QUOTE ]

The Cruise upgrade seems to be unavailable, at least here in Scotland. I've been waiting for delivery of the parts for 3 weeks now, and no sign. Another dealer I called told me much the same thing.

So it's you lot's fault!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not available here as.

My dealer said the computer won't let him order the part for some reason, but he said will keep me updated.

[ QUOTE ]

You could always buy it from ebay, install it yourself then get the dealer to software install it. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, tell they that it wasn't working but omit to say it's aftermarket and hope they update the software for free.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Cruise upgrade seems to be unavailable, at least here in Scotland. I've been waiting for delivery of the parts for 3 weeks now, and no sign. Another dealer I called told me much the same thing.

So it's you lot's fault!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not available here as.

My dealer said the computer won't let him order the part for some reason, but he said will keep me updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell him I will supply you a kit and will he fit it for you??

Matt

PM me if you need one!