What would you change on the mk5?

Snoopy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah! Seriously, I find that sometimes in fog, the main lights, even on dip, reflect back against the fog, whereas the fog lights themselves don't.

It's not a chavvy requirement, I ordered the 17's by way of proof that I am not that way inclined!

[ QUOTE ]

and a rear wiper that knows when I want it to work, rather than being a largely random event

[/ QUOTE ]

They are rather random at times confused.gif

I don't have the auto-fold mirrors, but sometimes when I park on a narrow street I like to fold them in...however, they only move by about an inch on my car, so hardly worth it. smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's not a chavvy requirement, I ordered the 17's by way of proof that I am not that way inclined!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi! grin.gif

I've only got two so far:

1. The quality and fit of interior plastics should be better.

2. The traction control is a bit keen. This is the first FWD car I've owned with TC, I prefer to be in control with the right foot.

I was lucky enough to spend much of yesterday in an Audi S4 (V8 + quattro notworthy.gif)....When I got back into my GTI for the 2hr journey home, I particularly noticed all the groans and squeaks....Until I started to drive a bit harder when all such things disappeared from my mind.

Btw, the ride in my GTI on rough roads is far superior to the S4 which is incredibly uncomfortable and harsh on rougher surfaces.

For me it is two things;

Better brakes, I find the GTI's brakes very 'wooden' at times, especially compared to the MKIV R32 I had!

and more power, but Ive done that myself, and what a difference that has made - If you haven't driven a re-mapped GTI, try it - what an experience, this is the sort of power that this car was made for.....except in the rain!!

beerchug.gif

1. Def. needs better brakes - the current ones are far too soft and lack feel.

2. Better interior trim fit and quality (less rattles and squeaks please!).

3. A digital speedo. Had one on the RX8, and it was much easier and quicker to check your speed than an analogue dial - just a quick glance down and you knew your exact speed. Useful for keeping your licence clean.

[ QUOTE ]

3. A digital speedo. Had one on the RX8, and it was much easier and quicker to check your speed than an analogue dial - just a quick glance down and you knew your exact speed. Useful for keeping your licence clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooo no thanks - all a bit 1980's for me, and near on impossible to read in the sunlight!! Still personal preference

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooo no thanks - all a bit 1980's for me, and near on impossible to read in the sunlight!! Still personal preference

[/ QUOTE ]

Had a digital speedo on a hire car I had for 4 months (Renault). Really disliked it and just seemed to remove any character from the car - only my opinion of course 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....Good point about the sunlight. By having a Road Angel I get both digital display of speed and the analogue speedo. I couldn't read the RA due to sunlight the other day and so drove on the shaded speedo until I could.

(a) Device fitted as standard to turn all roads into sweeping B roads covered with fresh asphalt ..... hmmmm

(b) Related device to remove all traffic from said roads

© Slightly wider rear wheel arches (just a personal thing)

(d) Let Audi build the interior next time

(e) Quattro (by Audi .. !)

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Had a digital speedo on a hire car I had for 4 months (Renault). Really disliked it and just seemed to remove any character from the car - only my opinion of course 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get the MPH to display in the climate control wink.gif sure its been posted how a few times. wink.gif

OT and i was not going to go OT on my own thread lol but i know what you meen, i was talking to a friend of a friend last night about his ur-quattro (im thinking of buying one of his grin.gif) he speced his from new without the digital dash. The reason he said too nightrider for him and MG/Austin had cars with it as did Vauxhall.

I still find it funny things the motoring press in the 50,60,70 all complained about with cars are coming back, starter buttons, wipers on the wrong side, dials in the centre of the dash, real bad blind spots etc etc. yelrotflmao.gif

Anyway back on topic keep the complaints coming guys we all seem to be on the same page more or less.

Heres one post i just found with a quick search.

Originally posted by MikeMod on the '70mph BONG thread' so i take no responsability if it works or not.

[ QUOTE ]

With ignition on.

Press the ECON button and the Button that deflects air up (top right of the four) together.

Turn the left temperature dial until "19" appears in the left hand LCD.

Turn the fan speed control to change the small number in the left hand LCD to a 1. So the left hand display now shows 19'.

The right hand LCD now shows the speed in MPH.

There was a post somewhere which gave what all the other numbers read but it was mostly temperatures from different parts of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the mk4 had all sorts of wonderful things you could get the climate control to show so not suprised the mk5 has some too.