Cars Detailed / Valeted by Cambridge Autogleam.

jediknight83

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Nathan, when you leave the wax on over night, is it just a case of removal the next day then carry on where you left off, or do you have to repeat any work? What if it rained etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

the super resin polish wasnt actually left on over night ... and i wouldnt leave any wax on for that period to be honest.

As the car was garaged over night i just gave it a quick wipe down this morning then continued with a glaze and then wax.

If it was outside or had been driven would have probably shampoo'd again before continuing

DAY 2

Applied the megs #7 glaze and then took this quick pic

th_Mikes993take3day2.jpg

Then the rain stopped so it was rolled outside and the collinite 476s was applied panel by panel. Mike couldn't just stand and watch so got stuck in aswell

th_Mikes993take3day21.jpg

Tyres and arches dressed, rubber and glass cleaned and then some photos... more photos...

th_Mikes993take3day23.jpg th_Mikes993take3day28.jpg th_Mikes993take3day213.jpg th_Mikes993take3day215.jpg th_Mikes993take3day216.jpg

Mikes993take3day24.jpg

Mikes993take3day26.jpg

Mikes993take3day29.jpg

Mikes993take3day211.jpg

And very finally some beading...

th_Mikes993take3day220.jpg th_Mikes993take3day222.jpg th_Mikes993take3day223.jpg th_Mikes993take3day226.jpg

Mikes993take3day221.jpg

Mikes993take3day225.jpg

thanks

Yes i use autorinse gloss on all regular valets now. Leaves a great finish on both cars i have recently waxed and ones i havent ever done before. I mix it 10:1 and spray on with a pressure sprayer then rinse off with water and then dry the car and yes i do also spray the wheels. Its not going to really protect the wheels but leaves them nice for the first day or so

First of 3 cars im doing down in bournemouth this week. A customer was very kind in offering a bed for a few nights.

The owner of this 2005 A4 cab contacted me a few months ago saying there was hologramming. Turns out to be some of the worst swirls i have yet come up against.

Arrived at 9am in the freezing cold. Washed with AG PM3 TFR and then shampoo'd and clayed. Clay brought up quite alot of dirt. Didnt take many pics as i was cold and wanting to crack on with polishing.

Sun started to come out and got these

RodgerA4Cab.jpg

RodgerA4Cab1.jpg

RodgerA4Cab2.jpg

RodgerA4Cab3.jpg

Polished with the rotary with a megs yellow polishing pad and menzerna IP 3.01. This got out about 90-95% of marks. Gave another pass on some test sections which didnt do much else so given the time i had and the fact it was SUCH a vast improvment i showed the owner what was what and decided to carry on with what i was doing.

RodgerA4Cab4.jpg

kind of a 50/50 shot here. back half has been done.. front hasnt.

RodgerA4Cab5.jpg

Finished machine polishing by about 2pm and then SRP and Collinite 476s, dressing, glass etc...

Final shots..

RodgerA4Cab6.jpg

th_RodgerA4Cab7.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab8.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab9.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab10.jpg th_RodgerA4Cab11.jpg

RodgerA4Cab12.jpg

Thanks

tomorrow... a black vauxhal signum with a nasty scratch and some swirls... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Stand by your beds people, I'm hoping some pictures of my Signum and CRX are coming... Signum was detailed and CRX was valeted.

I offered him up my home as a base, and ALL my work mates and friends thought I was nuts letting some strange bloke stay with my family and me... all I have to say is don't let bad press about strange folk on chat forums change the fact that on the whole people are good. Nathan was a pleasure to have about whilst he was down.... great to have a fellow petrolhead to chat to and find out all the useful stuff about keeping your pride and joy's paintwork as you'd want it.

If any of you are in any doubt about the quality of his work etc, then stop...find the cash and put him to the test, I'm one very satisfied customer...now Nathan, bring on the pics!

Thanks Andy. heres the write up

Just back from bournemouth. Had a good trip back apart from i turned back into my road and SNAP!! clutch pedal broke frown.gif limped the 200m down the road in first and then stalled outside the house. Oh well... better than breaking down half way between bournemouth and cambs.

Right.. to business.

The owner of these 2 (Andy) was kind enough to put me up for a few nights.

Firstly the signum.. massive car.

Pre-sprayed with AG PM3, wheels cleaned, pressure rinsed then shampoo'd.

AndysSignum.jpg

Clayed and although the owner had clayed it about5 months ago the clay brought up loads of dirt

AndysSignum1.jpg

Onto the polishing and i used IP3.01 on a megs yellow pad. Swirls were quite bad before... got a better glimpse of them when the sun came out for all of 10 seconds.

Before (i also removed the scratch using AG 03B on a small AG pad)

th_AndysSignum2.jpg th_AndysSignum3.jpg

After (i really should learn to wipe the panel properly before taking pics. Too much polish residue left ROLLEY~14.GIF )

th_AndysSignum4.jpg th_AndysSignum6.jpg

Then applied the SRP

th_AndysSignum7.jpg

Then the collinite 476s. It was pretty much dark when i finished.

th_AndysSignum8.jpg th_AndysSignum9.jpg

took these in the morning though

AndysSignum10.jpg

AndysSignum11.jpg

The CRX.. Washed and clayed as above. SRP and Collinite. Also used Liquid Leather on the seats. All came up very nice and i enjoyed this more than usual as it brought back memories of my old CRX.

Just some after pics..

AndysCRX.jpg

th_AndysCRX1.jpg th_AndysCRX2.jpg th_AndysCRX3.jpg th_AndysCRX4.jpg

AndysCRX5.jpg

AndysCars.jpg

Thanks

Really sorry to hear about you clutch Nathan, and you thought me breaking your wheel brush was as bad as it could get!! smile.gif

Nice pictures though, I'm well pleased with them and obvioulsy MORE than pleased with the real thing(s).

Don't know if you'll have business down tis way again, or if you were comfy enough at ours, but if you need a room again, just let us know eh.

Thanks again.

Nathan fantastic work there smile.gif very impressive.

Do you recomend autoglyms 100% cottons cloths as i have 20 new ones and dont want to use if there not as safe as microfibre ones. Also is the trade version of EGP called Super glym no 2? Just read thats its a improved fomrulation

with better durability!

Hi AVCE

ive not actually used the AG cloths. I buy MFs in bulk from all over the place... last lot i got were from costco i think. As a new cloth they should be perfectly safe... where the different brands start to show is after they are washed... how soft they remain.

Not heard of super glym 2?? the trade version of EGP is called liquid hard wax and is as far as i know exactly the same as the stuff in halfords... ive not seen the AG rep for a while though so maybe things have changed.

sorry i couldnt help more.

Nathan

I got some of those yellow ones from costco im not sure about them i swear they have caused a couple of marks. Yes that autoglym polish is on the trade section of the site. Says it gives superb results on dark colours looks good.

By the way any ultra deep shine users theres a new bigger bottle size in halfords now £18.99.