Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bison1379134007

Red Rose

16 posts in this topic

So on the tuscan whats the difference between the normal one and the red redrose??? Is it just the enigine is a 4.0 instead of 3.6?

Or did they change other stuff on it too?

Lagoo is you r man - he has a RR

pretty identical to the more recent S but without the little rear spoiler but I 'm sure Chris can correct me

either way a lovely motor smile.gif

The Tuscan was originally made with the 4.0l engine, and then changed at the begining of 2002 (well started to phase out the 4.0l) to the 3.6l. Both power plants produce the same.

As for the Red Rose, when the Tuscan was first produced they had the RR as an addition ( improved handling & power). It basically gave you another 25BHP (from 360 to 385bhp), the suspension was tweaked and vented cross drilled discs were put on along with the 18" spyder alloys. What the additional cost was i dont know.

The RR was phased out when they started produing the 'S', Which is identical to the RR in performance, but has a areodynamics package. There is a front spoiler, and the rear fin/lip. I 'll have a dig around for some pics!!

You can just make out the front spoiler

11206-tuscan_s_side.jpg

IMHO i dont really like the rear difuser!

11206-tuscan_s_rear.jpg

post-52-137914240154_thumb.jpg

Talkin about TVR's, was watching this program on one of those dodgy channels last night..(UK Horizon's I think it was), and Clarkson was trying to find the fastest production car ever.. The shortlist was.. IIRC

1. Dodge Viper

2. Porsche 911 Turbo

3. Caterham 250

4. Aston Martin Lagunda ..

5. TVR Cerbera .. I think it was

these are the ones I remember, put em on a dragstrip and let em shoot off..

Guess which one blew them all away?? Didnt know those f**kers were that fast! Did a standing start mile in about 13 secs.. blush.gifblush.gif

I think there was a little debating on how accurate the findings of that drag challenge. It was rumoured that TVR made some slight adjustments to the cerbera shocked.gif

Still they have to be pretty much the quickest things on the road, well i have yet to find something come up behind me and flash me out the way (a few have tried and failed cool.gif )!!

Lagoo, i tought your's was a RR, but it doesn't have those (ugly) external add-ons?

The RR (extra bhp, rims, brakes & suspension)was part of the options to the Tuscan when it was first released.

The Tuscan S (like the RR but not speced, comes as standard and the areo pack)was released end of 2001 which effectively replaced the Tuscan RR.

The model range goes a bit like this!

Tuscan 4.0l, 360BHP(2000 onwards)

Tuscan RR, 385BHP(2000 onwards)

Tuscan 3.6l 360BHP(end of 2001)

Tuscan S, 390BHP(end of 2001)

The dates are guess-timates!!

[ QUOTE ]

Lagoo is you r man - he has a RR

pretty identical to the more recent S but without the little rear spoiler but I 'm sure Chris can correct me

either way a lovely motor smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lagoo have you really got a Tuscan Red Rose? in what colour? Do you have any Pictures of it for us?

that is my frav colour

post-1491-137914243963_thumb.jpg

Hi V8S,

Welcome to the board! beerchug.gif

Yes i do have a red rose Tuscan. Its in ferrari avento silver, not as leary as the flip flop piants as above but i love it!! Heres a pic:

telboy2.jpg

yeah i am both a TVRCC member and i do browse pistonheads but dont have the time to get as involved as i am here! I was TVR mania last year at Duxford, but i didnt get to do the sprinting frown.gif

ok cheers did you go to any track days last year cos there was a silver RR tuscan at a training day type thing i think it was somewhere like hayford or somthink like that??

nah mate, haven't tracked the car yet, might do in the next couple of months!