Red Rose

Bison1379134007

The Tuscan was originally made with the 4.0l engine, and then changed at the begining of 2002 (well started to phase out the 4.0l) to the 3.6l. Both power plants produce the same.

As for the Red Rose, when the Tuscan was first produced they had the RR as an addition ( improved handling & power). It basically gave you another 25BHP (from 360 to 385bhp), the suspension was tweaked and vented cross drilled discs were put on along with the 18" spyder alloys. What the additional cost was i dont know.

The RR was phased out when they started produing the 'S', Which is identical to the RR in performance, but has a areodynamics package. There is a front spoiler, and the rear fin/lip. I 'll have a dig around for some pics!!

Talkin about TVR's, was watching this program on one of those dodgy channels last night..(UK Horizon's I think it was), and Clarkson was trying to find the fastest production car ever.. The shortlist was.. IIRC

1. Dodge Viper

2. Porsche 911 Turbo

3. Caterham 250

4. Aston Martin Lagunda ..

5. TVR Cerbera .. I think it was

these are the ones I remember, put em on a dragstrip and let em shoot off..

Guess which one blew them all away?? Didnt know those f**kers were that fast! Did a standing start mile in about 13 secs.. blush.gifblush.gif

I think there was a little debating on how accurate the findings of that drag challenge. It was rumoured that TVR made some slight adjustments to the cerbera shocked.gif

Still they have to be pretty much the quickest things on the road, well i have yet to find something come up behind me and flash me out the way (a few have tried and failed cool.gif )!!

The RR (extra bhp, rims, brakes & suspension)was part of the options to the Tuscan when it was first released.

The Tuscan S (like the RR but not speced, comes as standard and the areo pack)was released end of 2001 which effectively replaced the Tuscan RR.

The model range goes a bit like this!

Tuscan 4.0l, 360BHP(2000 onwards)

Tuscan RR, 385BHP(2000 onwards)

Tuscan 3.6l 360BHP(end of 2001)

Tuscan S, 390BHP(end of 2001)

The dates are guess-timates!!

• 3 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

Lagoo is you r man - he has a RR

pretty identical to the more recent S but without the little rear spoiler but I 'm sure Chris can correct me

either way a lovely motor smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lagoo have you really got a Tuscan Red Rose? in what colour? Do you have any Pictures of it for us?

that is my frav colour

post-1491-137914243963_thumb.jpg