TVR Cerbera

Timuth

Hi,

I know of a TVR Cerbera that could be going to the scrap yard in the sky, I have the chance to claim it.....

The original owner has moved and left the car, he has had a couple of letters too get it moved but hasn't bothered. He left the car with a colleague who was supposed to sell it on (He wanted £10,000 for it).

So it has sat there for a year maybe more, as I said it's off to the scrappy.

It looks straight could do with a wash... but have been told that the engine is shot, the original owner was told that it will cost £5000 to put right...! Something to do with the head.

Is it worth saving? It will deffo need the brakes and tires changed, now how much would a new engine be? or to have a head re-build?

I don't know which model it is I would need to have a better look at the weekend.

Any ideas???

Regards

Tim

Hi,

I know of a TVR Cerbera that could be going to the scrap yard in the sky, I have the chance to claim it.....

The original owner has moved and left the car, he has had a couple of letters too get it moved but hasn't bothered. He left the car with a colleague who was supposed to sell it on (He wanted £10,000 for it).

So it has sat there for a year maybe more, as I said it's off to the scrappy.

It looks straight could do with a wash... but have been told that the engine is shot, the original owner was told that it will cost £5000 to put right...! Something to do with the head.

Is it worth saving? It will deffo need the brakes and tires changed, now how much would a new engine be? or to have a head re-build?

I don't know which model it is I would need to have a better look at the weekend.

Any ideas???

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim and welcome to Tyresmoke.

It is worth saving, you can be sure of that, but how much do they realistically want for it ?

Is it just the engine that is kaputt ? If its an early one, it will have a Rover-based V8, very simple to work on, and I don't believe a complete replacement recon engine would cost anything like £5000. If it is a late one, it will have TVRs own straight 6, built in Cov, these are basically race engines with very short service intervals and are expensive, complicated, and frankly not worth the trouble. My guess is the car is a V8. Straight V8 Cerbs start at c.£10k, as long as there is no accident damage and it just needs an engine, I would definately look at getting it. Brakes aren't too bad to work on, with tyres YGWYPF... Check for suspension rust, water ingress and door alignment whilst you're there. Where are you based ?

Good luck, let us know how you get on. +++

ETA - £10k ish for a decent one, I rather like the look of this myself... http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1347/1347157-1.jpg

Edited by theduisbergkid