Personalised plates change to new car...

CarMad

How long should it take the dealer to sort it out? I did it myself in the past and it seemed a fairly quick process, but it was a while ago.

But is my dealer pulling my chain taking almost 2 weeks or am I being a bit harsh? Anyone know in the trade whats involved from their side and how long 'it should' take. :rolleyes:

I had a similar issue many years ago.

They used it as a reason for delay (3 weeks) when the truth was that the didn't have the car ready.

In reality, on the two next occasions, the transfer took no time at all (as long as they have the relevant documents to take to their local DVLA office of course).

Yeah they are taking it in, the DVLA office isn't far away from them. I have a feeling they have grouped a few together and that has ended up delaying it for us.

Should have taken it when I could and done it myself, you live and learn.

Yeah mine was instant.

I think they the dealer only went yesterday so is now hoping the tax disc will be sent through the post for tomorrow.

I can't remember how it worked when I did my car, but did it in an instant as well going to the centre.

Will have to hope we can get the car for the weekend, its Nissan Qashqai for the wife by the way, not for me. Nothing flash but it will do the job for her whilst I decide what to get next. :grin: