I played Black Ops last night...

fizzbitt

Cousin rang me to say he got a dodgy copy for the Xbox last night so popped over and tried it for a couple of hours see what the crack is. (im due to get this on the PS3 anyway so my concious is clear!) eusa_whistle.gif

I got there when they were already playing the single player mode and first impressions were good. Its like a mix between world at war and MW2 in terms of game play and graphics. The graphics were really nice as it happens but very different to MW2.

Full new range of weapons and attachments which is cool as you got things like flame throwers which you can attach to a AK47 for example but i did notice they have rid of the UMP45 sub machine gun! eusa_wall.gif

Some points of interest i noticed;

- Gold gun camo is back! whoo hoo!

- In local split screen you no longer have to build up points to unlock weapons etc which was a pain if you went to play at a mates and they have already built their profile up! So now everything is unlocked from the start and you can create your classes from the off!

- Also for those who have ever played 3 way split screen in MW2 will know that the 3rd player had the whole of the bottom window where as 1st and 2nd player had to have smaller split ones above. This is no longer the case! My cousin was devastated to find that the bottom window is now the same size as the 2 above!

- New kill streaks are now available like the RC car with a bomb in it and napalm bombs etc... (when i play it again i will take a pic of the list and post it up)

- They have removed the Stopping power perk!!! (I think) couldn't find it in there but i did see Bullet penetration so i think its replaced with this. I know a lot of you will be sad to see it go but im glad as it levels things out a bit. Im sure there are some more new perks etc so will try get a pic of the new list

- Running seems a bit slower and the whole movement seems have been made a bit more realistic

- You can now select what type of character you want to be in terms of the different outfits etc... and you can also select what face paint you want.

- Zombie mode - Reminds me of Wolfenstein where you have to shoot zombies set back in WW2 Nazi environment. They break through boarded up doors and you have to shoot them and repair the doors before they come back and collect points and use the points to buy better guns and unlock doors etc...

Thats all i can think of from my limited time playing last night but no doubt i will be back round when time permits and come back with more for ya.

Im sure some of you cant wait... i know i was a bit sceptical but having now played it, it has more than enough to keep me entertained for a while.

Only played 2 maps so far in multiplayer and they seemed ok.

Will report back later when i get some screen shots. icon_thumleft.gif

Regards

Fizz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped over on my lunch break as i was bored.. :whistle:

Some more info i have picked up for ya...

You now have some excellent new additions items like a decoy box which you can throw which makes gun shot noises and marks up on the radar.. as its going off it bounces about on the floor to mimic movement for about 10 seconds... :)

The tactical insurgance (sp) is still available but it is disabled in Fre For All! :)

Some screen shots i took of the different sets of weapons.. note the AUG is now classed as an Assualt Rifle as opposed to a Light Machine Gun.

Assualt rifle list

a61192ac.jpg

Shotgun list

2235111e.jpg

Sub Machine Gun list

70d9d022.jpg

Meanwhile, I have got a new farm plot on the iPad's "We Rule" Quests edition.

Up to Level 23 and I've got Cabbages, Broccoli and Magic Cauliflowers to harvest tonight. My South Realm has had a land upgrade and I'm thinking about adding a Fortune Tellers and a Spice Shop.

Much more civilised.:grin:

Meanwhile, I have got a new farm plot on the iPad's "We Rule" Quests edition.

Up to Level 23 and I've got Cabbages, Broccoli and Magic Cauliflowers to harvest tonight. My South Realm has had a land upgrade and I'm thinking about adding a Fortune Tellers and a Spice Shop.

Much more civilised.:grin:

We could be neighbours on We City, it's much more fun ...... :roflmao:

We've got a 3D tv being delivered next Monday ...... Black Ops due Tuesday - some would say perfect timing, unfortunately we are away til Wednesday eve and I guess I will be just another xbox widow for some time :)

... but drinking whisky in the highlands on Tuesday and driving on mountain roads in un-suitable borrowed cars with us lot is much more fun! ;)

I bought it today for my son from sainsburys* - not only a widow but don't see my son either :)

It's also in 3D downstairs so I guess I'd better keep the beers stocked up for visiting friends .....

* £30 easy to spend to get it for £27, somehow managed to spend £100 - so much for saving a tenner!!! Ooops!

Got mine from tesco direct mid week. Had the chance to play single player and a bit of multiplayer. First impressions are i like the game, but not quite as much as MW2. It is early days, and it may be a grower. single player -alot of breaks in the game due to the story mode thing. Graphics are good, but in multiplayer, it seems a bit cartoony, if you know what i mean. MW2 seems to have more atmosphere/ realism. The servers are busy, and i get more lost connections than i ever did with MW2. No doubt i will persevere with the game.

This is a strange game, myself and a load of other mates complain about the graphics, server issues, AI, sound effect etc but yet we still play it! :D

I haven`t touched MW2 yet...... completed the story mode so will keep giving BlackOPS more time, lets hope they sort the servers out.

Riz