The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread (2012)

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of UK newspapers now report that Manchester United have signed 18 year old Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez from Universidad de Chile. Never heard of him but 8 goals in 10 games sounds reasonable.

Numerous sources also reporting that Luka Modric is now certain to be joining United for £25m, rising to £30.

Inter Milan are said to be interested in Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov.

QPR are looking to sign goalkeeper Ben Foster from Birmingham City.

Spurs are reported to have beaten Arsenal to the signing of Nottingham Forest defender, Jamaal Lascelles.

Newcastle United are chasing free agent Salomon Kalou as Chelsea haven't offered him a new contract.

Finally, Roberto Mancini could be returning to Italy. His wife is said to be unhappy in Manchester and if Italy perform poorly at Euro 2012 he's favoured by the Italian FA to take over as manager.

Really? Yesterday he was saying how he thought joining Manchester City was the best thing he'd ever done! He said he'd been 'vindicated'.

Lewandowski is signing for Man United according to the Polish national team coach.

Ben Arfa says he is happy at Newcastle and will not leave - "unless an offer comes in from a big club". :roflmao:

..and the big news.

Gattuso is heading back to Rangers FC by the looks of it! He's desperate to play for the club again and 'help' them out of their woes apparently!

Oh, I didn't say it was the player's decision did I? :grin: Apparently he's not in their future plans.

I'd say his future is pretty clear. Benchwarmer

Chesney has been going on about Lewandowski for the past few months. From what I saw yesterday, I think he'd be a Premier League hit. Him and van Persie up front would be nice.

On the subject of RVP, apparently his father has told Manchester City he won't join them because he will not play for another Premier League club. That's in the press this morning.

I like it when players say that. If he's going to go, don't go to a domestic rival - bugger off overseas.

Agreed. Though I don't think anything can be read into these family quotes. A few months ago his Dad said he wasn't going anywhere and he loves the club, wife and kid settled etc. Just have to wait and see.

Interesting that still nothing said about Walcott's contract. No papers talking about his negotiations at all. This is a big tournament for him. If he can play well he'll justify his demands.

On the subject of RVP, apparently his father has told Manchester City he won't join them because he will not play for another Premier League club. That's in the press this morning.

I like it when players say that. If he's going to go, don't go to a domestic rival - bugger off overseas.

When it suits?

(Modic)!

Not really. I admire RVP if he's not going to move within the Premiership. I will admire Modric less for doing so. It isn't a double standard as such because he'll be a very welcome addition to the squad and it's a different position for him. RVP has had consistent Champions League football - Modric hasn't and he wants it and knows he'll get it at Old Trafford. Plus he's not been at Spurs anything like as long as RVP and it's not as if he hadn't already said he wanted to move to a bigger Premiership club (when the transfer to Chelsea was on the cards last season).

The main source for the Giroud transfer rumour is the Club's manager telling the press that Giroud wants to go to Arsenal, but they are keen for Chamakh to go to them on loan for the season. Sounds a strange one.

Sounds like Yann M'Vila is a done deal. Because Rennes is listed on the Stock Market, any deals over £10m have to be made public. This has been done, apparently.

Fellaini could be going anywhere. He'd like Champions League football, but is happy where he is. I was surprised to see he's only 24. Makes £25m seem less crazy now. Man City would be smart to pick him up. They want rid of De Jong, just dumped Hargreaves so only have Barry and Toure as Defensive Mids.

Apparently Real Madrid are interested in Fellaini now, as well as Chelsea and City.

Norwich, Stoke, Reading, West Ham and Wigan are all said to be chasing Greek striker Salpingidis (he scored against Poland recently). He plays for PAOK and is now 30 years old, so perhaps a few Premier League clubs think they can bag a bargain there.

Montpellier coach Rene Girard has told French radio this morning that Giroud will join Arsenal if the clubs can agree the fee.

• 2 weeks later...