Squeaks and rattles from roof - continued

GCab

My 03 TDi cab never squeaked, apart from right at the end (on the way to be traded in!) after 9 months when I got a bit of a rattle from the driver side window (I gather this goes away if the glass edges are cleaned)

My 04 cab made roofline squeaks early on (roof latch mechanism?) and now has an intermittently creaky centre console which shows up only in cold weather (can this be fixed?).

I think it is luck of the draw...

As far as the visors go, my 03 car had no pads, my 04 one does, and neither seems to squeak from there (though they did change the visors as being "worn" when I took it in to investigate the earlier noise, without any great effect)

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Can the visor pads, shown in Ari's pic, be easily retro-fitted to a 2002 model ? I've noticed the annoying visor rattle and would really like to stop it ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I should have added was ' and will this be done under warranty'. Spoke to my dealer today about this and they were not able to confirm if it would be done under warranty. Explained I was just trying to save their's and my time but told they couldn't tell me this till the car was with them smashfreakB.gif Car is an '02 model and would like to get rid of the very annoying rattles - preferably free of charge.