Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UBM

The 50 mpg club

482 posts in this topic

Thanks for the idea Dave!

Who can claim to be a member - I think I can - 58mpg on the way in this morning!

62.5 mpg on a run from Liverpool to North Yorks. But that was in the last car. This car is the same but only done 6k miles and only got 60 mpg on the same run.

Not bad going! You got a tuning box fitted or is it re-mapped? Or is it downhill all the way?

Standard, mate. No mods yet. Wifey won't let me and I can't sneak a remap past her, she'd know as soon as she got in it! She can smell things like that!

Thinking about a tuning box though. sekret.gif169144-ok.gif

Got from Andorra to Calais on 1 tank - cant remember what the consumption worked out to though.

wooohooo i can be in the 50mpg club and the four tonne club... crazy.gif OK its my dads Merc c220 coupe that gets the 50+MPG 169144-ok.gif

Teesside to castle coomb and back on one tank, 4 up and at a decent pace. about 650 miles i think.

What is wrong with my car?

I don't think I have ever seen an average for a trip of more than 45mpg. confused.gif

Sure, I see the odd 100+ on the instant read out, but this never translates into a decent overall avarage sekret.gif

I only see 50+ MPG when driving like a grand father, which isn't very often smile.gif

55 mpg this morning and had to overtake a few "tortoises"!!

Im in! I get about 60+ on a run like a motorway. But 51-52 on the way to work, through MK.

I never get over 50mpg on a journey. I've been recording fuel consumption since I got the car and it's still averaging 40mpg after 8000 miles. No sign of it improving over time. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I never get over 50mpg on a journey. I've been recording fuel consumption since I got the car and it's still averaging 40mpg after 8000 miles. No sign of it improving over time. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bloody slow down abit then................... ROLLEY~14.GIF

My old seat toledo was good for 50+mpg brilliant on the motorway but i got rid of that now was starting to play up so i got an audi A6 insted still a diesel but a 2.5 V6 tdi this time not a 1.9 sounds a bit better then then the old 1.9 but doesnt quite do the same mpg frown.gif but its more fun the the old car alot smoother and 45mpg at 85/90 on the motorway aint too bad once it gets in to 6th 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

count me in. cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

me aussi!!.. usually get 50+ motorway driving .. best i;ve got was 58!!. Get 500miles on a £35-£40 tank!! SMOKE6.GIF

I'n only managing about 46/7 mpg(according to DIS) equating to 500 miles per tank. Daily journey consists of 35 miles each way at mixed speeds, including motorways.

Only every manage to get 50ish litres when completely empty (55litre tank). Forgot to see if this could be adjusted when services last week.

G

I never get over 40mpg in mine either Rob! I blame the Extra weight of the Quattro, not to mention the fat bastard driver!

Standard issue 130, 68.9 going down the M1 last week.

Average 54.5

Can I join?!

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Standard issue 130, 68.9 going down the M1 last week.

Average 54.5

Can I join?!

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif welcome aboard!!

Booted it this morning and had to queue to get into Cambridge....48.5mpg - do UHOH7.GIF I get drummed out?

moon.gif You should be ashamed of yourself, bringing this fine club into disrepute. jump.gif