[Audi A3/S3] Freebies

hoofboy

[ QUOTE ]

Gap insurance is to make up the difference between your insurance company payout and cost to replace in the event of a total loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I right in thinking GAP insurance is completely useless for a new car in the first year, because a fully comprehensive policy will replace the car on a new for old basis anyway?

[ QUOTE ]

Am I right in thinking GAP insurance is completely useless for a new car in the first year, because a fully comprehensive policy will replace the car on a new for old basis anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I bought my A3 they tried to sell me this, I asked this question his reply was;

"whilst your insurance company may offer a similar thing for the first 12 months, our GAP will cover your policy excess of up to £250 for the policy period."

So I suppose that it's worth £250, in the unlikely event...

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Gap insurance is to make up the difference between your insurance company payout and cost to replace in the event of a total loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought GAP insurance covered the difference between the insurance company payout and outstanding finance on the car, because after say 18 months you probably owe more than the car is worth.

You have done the deal.

Think all you can expect now is a coffee and a go on the playstation (in those lovely leather seats people seem to get so excited about)!

You can always look forward to your Audi magazine, which whilst having nothing to help you with your recent purchase, will try to sell you another car smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I thought GAP insurance covered the difference between the insurance company payout and outstanding finance on the car, because after say 18 months you probably owe more than the car is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were 2 GAP policies on offer; GAP (shortfall protection) for cars that are financed by Audi Finance, this pays the difference between what the insurance pays and what you owe to AF, example car is stolen and Insurance company pay you £15k but the amount to settle finance is £20k, GAP pays you £5k, but you still lose any deposit and can't afford a new car.

And GAP Plus (return to invoice); This gives you back the difference between your Insurance payout and full Invoice price of the car (up to a maximum of £15k) example; your car costs £25k it gets stolen & insurance pay you what (they deem) it's worth eg £15k, GAP policy then pays you the extra £10k, so that you could replace it (assuming the price has not gone up!).

In my opinion, if you're going to get it get the GAP Plus as it does what Insurance should really do; New for Old.

beerchug.gif