How often do R32's come through

Woppum

I am just wondering if anyone knows how many cars are acutually coming through in to the country a week. Obviously production is slow on the car for some reason and i can only think that this is becasue the factory is making far less cars than what dealers have thought per week. DOes anyone know if this is the case becasue i cant understand why my car is at the moment 11 weeks late, and probably soon to be more and just for the build date, which is provisional. If anyone has any information from about actual production please post a reply.

beerchug.gif

If your importer is sourcing the car through a Danish dealer, then the Danes are famous for delays as VAG put SMC (the Danish franchise holder) under lots of pressure not to sell RHD cars.

Are you sure you're correct about the currency fix?

I think as you have made your decision, you just need to stick by it now and not worry continously until your car arrives. Very soon it will be here and you will have forgotten your wait.

Which importer are you using? Have you checked the posts about them on the various car importing forums and newsgroups? Anyone else having problems?

First of all the factory I think is in Wolfunssburg or something (i will find out)

I am sure but not certain about the fact that the company buys the currency ahead. I remember reading it in the material sent when i first placed the order. I may be getting confused with another piece of information from work so again i will check these details.

The company i am ordering through is Euro Imports. When talking to them on the phone they seem very professional and i do trust them. It is just that i was first quoted a provisional of week 14 and now it is back to 23 (which may have gone back further, i will find out tomorrow) whcih is strange considering you were offering me in the past a confirmed build date for 6-8 weeks ahead (i think, cant actually remember now).

Colin do you know any reasons why there has been this delay becasue i cant work it out, i mean is it likly that VW got carried away at the launch offering build dates which they could not fit in with production. Or have they recently decided to concentrate on getting rid of the current standard models, so that they can get on the with the new one?

beerchug.gif

The times we quoted you were real, delivery times move along with demand. I know where the factory is, but it depends which country Euro Imports source the car from. I spoke to them a week ago about a Boxster which they source in Denmark and so they are reliant on the supplying dealer, not the factory.

I think you should just sit back and wait for your car to come.

Thanks for the advice Colin, sorry if i am wingeing....

So you buy from the actual factory do you, know i understand why Euro are never on top of the situation. Youa are right about the way they do it. From what i understand they are reliant on a delaer in germany and they simply wait for it to come through there. They say they can usually confirm the date within 3 weeks of the build date. Then when the car goes in to production, it takes one day and then it is built. After then the car will be delivered to the Uk within 1 week.

At the moment the car is just less than 3 weeks before the provisonal build date of week 23 (we are in 21 now), so i am really on my toes and ready for either a confirmation (touch wood) or a delay..

Thanks again Woppum beerchug.gif

well there woppum, i think that there enough R32's comming through its just that you were very late in ordering one ...and most probably will only get one by the end of august....as these dealers usually exhagerate the delivery date by a month or 2. SPericani2.gif