114 mph on M4

dvdstry

• 3 weeks later...

Its official I'm banned!!!! frown.gifWent to court didnt want a solicitor as I could'nt really deny doing 114mph when they had pictures on me. I recieved a 50 day ban (48 days left) and a fine of £555.00. The judge likes the number 5 I think. Anyway not too bad I suppose I was thinking that I'd get something along those lines. I need time to clean and wax my car so what better use of my time than to do that.

Dai frown.gif

Thats not all that bad - my mate got a £1600 fine and 30 day 'tenerife' ban. (Tenerife as you go to court, come back, book a holiday to tenerife, go on hols, get back and all you actually need to do is use public transport for a week rather than a month!) He also got 5 points and was already on 6. Judge said if he ever saw him again he would send him down!!!

All this for 103mph on the M61!!

I was absolutely haunted today. Rushing down the dual carriageway late as usual doin an indicated 160kmh in a 100kmh zone. Passing a slip road I said I better look just in case and low and behold there was a squad car !! I jammed on and he seemed to pull out immediately and on came the sirens. I thought I had had it so I slowed down and watched him catch up in my rear mirror. Just as I was pulling in he shot past me like a rocket !! He had obviously caught someone just B4 me. What a relief I was shaking like a leaf.

• 1 month later...

Well Im back on the road smile.gifwell happy. Cars looking well clean.(after 50 day ban it should be)Best news of all I shopped around on the net to get better car insurance 169144-ok.gif with the ban code on there and low and behold I mannaged it. My current insurance is with Admiral but Adrian Flux has qwuoted me £150 cheaper. grin.gif So Ive got a clean car and a clean licence and cheaper insurance, Ive also saved on the milage and running costs ie petrol!!!

So all in all I am a well happy bunny wink.gif

Dai