What's my GTI worth?

s1brt

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My M3 was a Nov 04 build, had close to 20K on it when I let it go andeven as a p/ex I got £38k for it, and that is a dealer's p/ex price. It was on the forecourt for £44k when it finally ended up at the original dealers. So car with all goodies on it, and a few other bits and pieces was £49k new......almost a year later it was selling for £44k.

Oh.....and forgot to mention that it had somehow had the paintwork remedied before it hit the forecourt as well.

[ QUOTE ]

What fact?

I never said i saw 2 year old m3s for half the money.

I had a problem with your comments to others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I'll say to other's whatever I want when I think they're talking bollocks. Game over.

You said M3's lost a lot of money, which they don't.

You then took the challenge of finding a 2 year old M3 for 'nearly' half price - and couldn't. Game over again.

You can have whatever problem ya want mate, but I deal in facts and you'll not tell me what I do and don't say on TSN. 169144-ok.gif

Oh, and a parting gift... grin.gif

I find it very interesting Billy that you think the new M3 won't affect the old M3. Very interesting indeed. confused.gif

See, I knew I'd seen your wise commentary somewhere before. sekret.gif

I've now found it. In the BMW section when someone asked if they should buy an E46 330 Ci Coupe. What advice did you give them? blush.gif

I quote:

"Carefull if you are only keeping it a couple of years, with the new model out soon it will hit the resale value."

Ermmm, now I'm all confused!!!! confused.giflol.gif

As I said, TSN, it's fecking fantastic! 169144-ok.gifnotworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry i am young (just turned 24) and have never had the privilege to drive or enquire about M3's.

What do you drive?

Dont take any comments the wrong way. When i said they lost alot of money it is all relative.

[/ QUOTE ]

An A4 Avant that I have serious issues with. yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Car 1: 2003 - 53 (so it could be 2.5 years old, but hey-ho)

Manual with 9,500 miles....and everything else on it is standard. So that car had an approximate new price of £41k maximum - it doesn't even have the 19"'s - and it's up at £25,995 through an independant garage. Now forgive me, but that isn't nearly half price in anyones book is it? Oh, it has a Tracker. Big money there eh.

Car 2: 2003 - 53 (again, could be 2.5 years old, but we're being generous)

SMGII and Estoril Blue! Excellent start! 19" wheels - great! SatNav Pro too, this is brilliant. Wow - 21,000 miles! Fantastic! That would have had a new price of about £49k!!!! It's up at less than £27k!!! So you've done it...well done!

Urrrr, no....hang on....what's this? Category D repaired.

Oh fook. Durrrrrrr!

Car 3: 2003 - 53 (being nice again)

SMGII, SatNav Pro & TV, HK and 19"'s, a safe colour combination too. So the new price of that was £44,800 being generous to you. It's up at £26k. Hmm, well that's not half price or close to it though is it. Half price would be £23k? But as I'm being nice...let's say you can get him down to £25k on price. That's still £2k more than half price - so a full 60% of original price - but hey. Ooooh hang on though....it's done almost 50,000 miles!!!! That's not exactly average mileage for a 2 year old or so M3 is it!

Billy mate, I'm not trying to be awkward - but I think I've demonstrated my point. They do not exist at 'nearly' half price at 2 years old (and as you can see above I was very generous with my age range).

I'll leave the subject alone now, but it'd be nice if people backed up things with facts rather than live in a little world of their own when 'nearly' becomes whatever they need it to be. Offer advice that you'd be glad of, not fantasy information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr ANAL!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Car 1: 2003 - 53 (so it could be 2.5 years old, but hey-ho)

Manual with 9,500 miles....and everything else on it is standard. So that car had an approximate new price of £41k maximum - it doesn't even have the 19"'s - and it's up at £25,995 through an independant garage. Now forgive me, but that isn't nearly half price in anyones book is it? Oh, it has a Tracker. Big money there eh.

Car 2: 2003 - 53 (again, could be 2.5 years old, but we're being generous)

SMGII and Estoril Blue! Excellent start! 19" wheels - great! SatNav Pro too, this is brilliant. Wow - 21,000 miles! Fantastic! That would have had a new price of about £49k!!!! It's up at less than £27k!!! So you've done it...well done!

Urrrr, no....hang on....what's this? Category D repaired.

Oh fook. Durrrrrrr!

Car 3: 2003 - 53 (being nice again)

SMGII, SatNav Pro & TV, HK and 19"'s, a safe colour combination too. So the new price of that was £44,800 being generous to you. It's up at £26k. Hmm, well that's not half price or close to it though is it. Half price would be £23k? But as I'm being nice...let's say you can get him down to £25k on price. That's still £2k more than half price - so a full 60% of original price - but hey. Ooooh hang on though....it's done almost 50,000 miles!!!! That's not exactly average mileage for a 2 year old or so M3 is it!

Billy mate, I'm not trying to be awkward - but I think I've demonstrated my point. They do not exist at 'nearly' half price at 2 years old (and as you can see above I was very generous with my age range).

I'll leave the subject alone now, but it'd be nice if people backed up things with facts rather than live in a little world of their own when 'nearly' becomes whatever they need it to be. Offer advice that you'd be glad of, not fantasy information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr ANAL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

where you organising last years?

Bournemouth

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was. Bournemouth, hmmm, well I'm sure it'll fit into the Southern element of the run somewhere.

Last years felt short of participants and a number of other factors prevented it going ahead. This years will happen, if the numbers can be found.