Angel Eyes, HIDs and Projector Shrouds Install

kezza96

**Angel Eyes, HID and Projector Shrouds Install - Guide With Pictures**

Hi everyone, I installled a set of HID's into my main beam (dipped), Angel Eyes as my sidelights and projector shrouds so I get a projected beam from the HID’s. I've written some instructions below with pictures.

I hope this guide is useful to people who wish to carry out similar mods.

Tools required:

Basic socket set

Basic screwdriver set

Side cutters

Drill and drill bits

22mm Hole Saw

Pliers

Wire strippers

Sharp Blade (Craft Knife or Stanley Knife)

Materials Required:

Insulation tape (black and red)

Choc Blocks

Clear Silicone Sealant

Contact Adhesive

Trim Repair Tape

AutoGlym Car Glass Polish (optional)

Gen6 CCFL Angel Eyes

HID kit

Projector Shrouds

Here’s the stuff that I’m gonna install into my car:

Angel Eyes and Projector Shrouds:

Image181.jpg

HIDs:

Image177-1.jpg

To remove the headlights, you need to remove the radiator cover, there are 6 screws:

Image189-1.jpg

Once out, the headlights can be removed, there are four bolts, remove these then pull out, undo the connections on the back of the headlights:

Image190-1.jpg

I did this in the evening, so the car was left like this overnight:

Image191.jpg

With everything inside, my snooker table became a handy workbench:

Image192.jpg

With the headlights out, time to prep the Angel Eyes, stick bits of trim repair tape on the backing plate of the rings like so:

Image188.jpg

Remove the Lens housing from the headlight unit, there are 3 clips on top and 2 underneath, the inner lenses are stuck to the housing with black sealant:

Image193.jpg

Using a blade, cut through those to remove the inner lenses:

Image194.jpg

I used some AutoGlym glass polish to spruce up the lenses:

Image195.jpg

Image196.jpg

Remove the backing of the trim repair tape on the rings and attach to the front of the lenses:

Image197.jpg

Image198.jpg

Behind:

Image199.jpg

Once all 4 rings are done, replace back into lens housing and seal with clear silicone gel sealant:

Image200.jpg

While the lens housing is out, it is a good idea to keep the reflectors covered, stop them getting dusty:

Image201.jpg

With the lenses back in and waiting for the silicone to dry, turn your attention to the inverters, apply some trim repair tape these also:

Image204.jpg

The red and brown wires on the inverters need to be tapped into the grey and brown wires going to the side light bulb (red to grey and brown to brown). I used choc blocks here, but you could solder them too. Once you’ve tapped into them, insulate the connections with tape:

Image205.jpg

Before I replace the lens housing onto the headlight, I fitted the HID projector shrouds using spots of contact adhesive:

Without Shroud:

Image202.jpg

With Shroud:

Image203.jpg

With that done it was time to fix the lens housing back into position, the wires from the rings pass over the top of reflector and behind where u connect them to the inverters:

Image206.jpg

With that done, fit all the wiring in and wedge the inverter inside too, then replace the cap:

Image210.jpg

Image211.jpg

With the Angels and Shrouds done, time to move on to HIDs, your headlights should be looking like this now:

Image214.jpg

The kit should have all necessary Bulbs, Wiring, Ballasts, cable ties, etc:

Image178-1.jpg

Remove the Main Beam cover (round one) and drill a 22mm hole using a hole saw:

Image207.jpg

Image208.jpg

These kits really are plug’n’play, its just a matter of feeding through the HID bulb and power wires and replacing the existing Halogen bulb in the unit, the HID spade connectors fitted into the headlamp unit’s existing wiring:

Image212.jpg

Replace the cap and then ensure the flanges on the grommet are on either side of the hole in the cap like so:

Image213.jpg

With that done, I went to bed and waited til morning. Under where the headlamp sits there is a ledge, this is the bumper carrier, an ideal location for the ballasts to be mounted on:

Image215-1.jpg

Place trim repair tape onto the ballasts:

Image209.jpg

To ensure maximum adhesion, clean the surface of the bumper carrier thoroughly then stick the ballast down:

Image216.jpg

Refit the Headlamp units and connect all the connections. I took pics with my phone but they didn’t come out too well:

Angels:

Image217.jpg

HIDs:

Image218.jpg

Image219.jpg

I now turn heads down every street I drive down. laugh.gif

Disclaimer: This is how I fitted these mods, I bear no responsibility should you choose to follow this guide. If you are not competent in carrying out this work, then consult a professional.