Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garcon magnifique

What's your most hilarious courtesy car?

43 posts in this topic

I've had some good courtesy cars in the past, and some really bad ones. But this is by far the funniest.

It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Apart from comedy value. yelrotflmao.gif

1025908-P1000648.JPG

Blue Peter badge for first person to tell us what it is. (I've forgotten... tongue.gifgrin.gif )

post-7938-137914385336_thumb.jpg

Bright Yellow Beetle, complete with flower..

"Daddy, thats a girls car"

I just recentley had Volvo Diesel estate 1st and last time to drive volvo, same colours as your courtesy.

That is one ugly car. I think the worst coutesy car that I have had was a Rover 200. Boggo standard Racing Green old peoples car frown.gif

Blue Peter badge to Mr Saab.

And congratulations to SSangyong for being the world's most consistent producer of irredeemably ugly cars! 169144-ok.gif

Beaten by seconds...! SAUER0421.GIF

Yes that is shockingly bad Flush.gif

The worst courtesy car I have ever had - by far - was a Ford Ka, earlier this year. I'm sure there are worse cars, but this thing just didn't inspire any sort of confidence whatsoever. The build quality was so poor I felt as though it was going to fly apart around me at any moment, and the brakes were so bad that the car had the stopping distance of an oil tanker. The brakes on the MkII Golf I had at the time were better! crazy.gif

There was nothing courteous about being given that car and I couldn't hand the keys back quickly enough.

Audi A3 diesel from Porsche Hatfield.

It was a good car but was given to me looking as if it had been offroading, dog hairs in the boot, a sleeping bag on the back seat and no sign of the carpets as it was full of rubbish. Oh and fag ash all over the dashboard.

To Monks Heath's credit, the Kyron is spotless. Not badly appointed either - full leather, climate etc etc. But it's a 2.0 diesel so goes and handles like an oil tanker. tongue.gif

I have to say one of the worst courtesy cars was a 1.9 Diesel Audi A4. It was so unrefined it was untrue.

Not having a go but when I had the Lexus I was getting GS and IS's and Audi have given me that A4 and the service managers A6.

I now get it picked up, serviced and fully valeted and returned by the lease company and they don't offer courtesy cars. blush.gifgrin.gif

I win.

When I had the Mercedes, I was offered a Smart complete with full Union Jack livery. That would have been bad enough, however I was working in Bradford at the time and this was the monday after the riots in 2001.

I took the bus!

[ QUOTE ]

I win.

When I had the Mercedes, I was offered a Smart complete with full Union Jack livery. That would have been bad enough, however I was working in Bradford at the time and this was the monday after the riots in 2001.

I took the bus!

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have driven. You'd have re-united Bradford, because every fecker would be laughing at you!! grin.gif

Would have been a superb Brainiacs type experiment...

Can a Union Jack emblazoned Smart car travel faster than a shower of flying bricks? yelrotflmao.gif

(God, I've just looked out the window again. The neighbour's kids are laughing at it... UHOH7.GIF )

[ QUOTE ]

(God, I've just looked out the window again. The neighbour's kids are laughing at it... UHOH7.GIF )

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that is the worse jump.gifjump.gif

I have been told the story of corperate customer who was loaned a new A8 on an extended test drive, only to break down late at night , and then being given a Daewoo in replacement! I will say that they did swap it over fairly quickly!

When my Corrado VR6 was in for repair one time the dealer gave me a 1978 Polo. The doors and floor were rusted through and it was drum-braked with no servo. The boot was full of bits, as they'd clearly used it as a workshop hack.

Actually, it was quite fun to drive and loads better than the brand new no-turbo-diesel Golf they lent me the next time I was in.

My worst courtesy 'car' was a luton van when I took my 1973 beele in for some welding. UHOH7.GIF

The best one was a CLS last week ECLIPSe.gif