£400 a year in tax! How the GTI is effected

bodger00

Its not in the top group its in F not G unlike the R32 and V6 cars.

So not effected as far as i can tell from watching it today.

Band A under 100g/Km

Band B 101-120

Band C 121-150

band D 151-165

Band E 166-185

Band F 185-225

Band G From 226g/km

GTI is 189 use to be 192 smirk.gif

The funny thing is theres not a great amount at the moment out there for sale in Band B the band he cut. yelrotflmao.gif

Rant time:

Road tax is just a con anyway.

You can carbon offset a GTI that does 12K miles a year for £28

What do you get for the rest of the tax very little.

How does this effect people who register there car in another place but still use our roads (Mr clarkson for one). It does not.

Hows it fare on people who only do 3K a year and then others do 60K. Its not.

Im not in favour of road pricing either as i bet that will again excluse them above.

So whats the answer?

Them that have gas guzzlers of cause use more fuel.

Them that 'pollute' more use more fuel.

Them that do more miles use more fuel.

Them that use our raod use our fuel.

Simnple answer get rid of all this BS of road tax and road changing and put the tax on fuel!

Robin,

What i meen is get rid of the £200+ charge for road tax completly.

Get rid of road tax altogether.

That way them that drive more ie use more fuel pay more tax.

Them that have polluting/gas guzzlers pay more tax in the form of tax on fuel.

These that get round road tax by registering there cars overseas or wagon overseas Still would have to pay more tax as they will have to fuel up in the UK at some point.

No road tax dodgers so less hassle and the infastructure for tax on fuel is already there so no extra costs for setting it up. Unlike road tolls etc.

An example theres alot of polish registered cars round here at the moment. Why should i have to pay £200+ a year in road tax when they can be here a year iirc and use there cars the same as me but not pay for the roads like i have too?

Or people who can afford many properties but register there cars outside the country so don't have to pay the raod tax.

Putting it on fuel meens EVERYONE will have to pay and it will be harder too dodge.

Would work better for the less well off too and those on tight budgets better imo.

As for CO2 for parking i agree, funny im sure all cars put out the same CO2 parked i thought that was a money making idea from the start. In other words taking the piss.

EDIT Oh just a moment electric cars put out CO2 parked as they are been charged up so use electricity. So they should be charged more lol.

Sorry guys just me having a rant as im bored and have never liked road tax. openfire.gif as i find it a very unfare system.