What to buy.....

deanos3

Morning all. I'm currently looking at buying a car and I think I've made up my mind on what to go for. However I thought I'd ask for some opinions incase I've overlooked a few cars etc.

I'm looking at Corrado's at the mo. My father used to work at a VW garage when I was younger and he always had yellow corrados as his demo's so I've always wanted one. I'm looking at spending no more than 2k and would love a VR6, but at this price they're as rare as rocking horse doo dah!

So are there any other cars out there in the 2k price bracket that I've over looked. There is no criteria, I don't have kids, or a dog, or need the use of a large boot.

So it's £2000 on a car thats got a bit of soul, and is fun to drive....over to you!

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

why was this topic moved to VW considering its about general cars..?

Also for £2k you can get the 1.8SC 'Rado which is supposed to be great.. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No Idea why it was moved UHOH7.GIF

yeah the G60 is supposed to be damn good, bit worried about superchargers though at the kind of money I'm looking at. As for the MKII GTI, I've never been to keen on them, I'm not sure what it is about them though??

I'm currently using a MKII mx5 which is brilliant fun but I can't fit comfortably in it....lanky git!

Ive been looking at mk2 Golf GTI's 8v and they are aroung £900-£1200 and 16v a touch more, ive decided on an 8v @ about £1100 cos I know the history of the veh real well as belongs to a mate. the 16v would be a good choice but £2k would prob cover your insurance too.

Mk2 Golf GTI 16V. You'll find an A1 example for that kind of money 169144-ok.gif

The Corrado G60s get expensive to maintain and you'll be lucky to find one in decent condition for £2K.

The VR6s are rarer than rocking horse sh*t, like you say. If you get one, you'll need shares in an oil company. I've never owned or known a VR6 engined Golf, Corrado or anything else that hasn't burnt oil.

Blue smoke. Nice...

[ QUOTE ]

hmmmm Blue smoke crazy.gif

Anybody had any experience with Porsche 944's??? Anything to look out for etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH,at 2k I'd keep away from 944's,they really will be the abused examples for that price.Engine rebuilds on them are hard work and very,very expensive. 169144-ok.gif