How far is have you gone at 0 miles !

AGK512

I've had to go about 15 miles on 0, was just a bit of a slacker and hadn't noticed i was nearly on empty. I was out booting it about in the middle of nowhere and noticed I had 5 miles left , got to 0 and then had a 15 mile drive, had to inch my way to a garage mostly in 4th/5th , dropping the car into neutral and coasting down hills because I was soooo terrified of running out..I was more worried abot damaging the engine than being stuck in the sticks. I've heard there is about a 40 mile reserve, anyone confirm?

[ QUOTE ]

I've been told by a number of people before not to run the tank too low as when near to empty the concentration of any contaminants (dirt etc) will be greater. This in turn would be bad news for the engine. Does anyone disagree with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i agree..

the fuel filter will remove some of the debris, but your tank will have sediment and why risk it?

[ QUOTE ]

I've heard there is about a 40 mile reserve, anyone confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear in mind it's a 60-litre tank of which 8 litres is the reserve. On entering the last 8, you'll be reading a range of 0 miles. Although I would try not to go more than 20 miles on 'empty' I doubt you'd run out for another 30 beyond that in normal conditions.

Also bear in mind that the volume of the fuel you add will vary according to its temperature when it is measured, so the pump won't necessarily be perfectly accurate, any more than the on-board computer will.

Best

TH

I've done about 35 miles with it reading 0 miles till empty

(on a road trip with no gas stations closer), rolled into the gas

station on fumes, and I put 16.7 USG into the 16.4 gallon tank.

The needle moves really quickly once it gets down into the red,

probably because the bottom of the tank is curved or something,

so the futher it drops, the faster it drops.

ian

The most I put in was 57 Liters I thnink. I was pushing my lack. Normally my refills are about 52-55 Liters. I get the feeling that the fuel tank will take about 61 liter. Somehow i do not want to find out for sure..... suicide.gif

About the dirt entry, it is lore lickly if car is old or you use cheap refueling stations...

NONO3.GIF