DSG Cooking !

AGK512

Hi all

After an errpr of judgement I needed to reverse about 200 yards up a very narrow very steep very bendy hill fekr.gif

If I didn't have DSG and reverse sensors I would have been stuffed and it would have been a good laugh for VW assistance ! laugh.gif

It took about 10 mins to get back to the top of the hill with several stop starts (as few as possible but it was "impossible" shocked.gif )

When almost at the top the gear indicator row on the MFD started to flash like a christmas tree ! and I lost drive. I guess this was the DSG box shouting ENOUGH ! your cooking the clutch and you could smell it !

So I switched off counted to 10 and started up again, regained drive to do the final shallow bit of the climb and then went the correct way !!

Engine was running for about another 5 mins after "christmas tree" so hopefully had chance too cool gently !

I drove 250 miles home two days later and apart from a smidge more shunt on the occasional change all seemed OK

If I take it in will anything show up on the diags ? is a DSG clutch classed as a "wear and tear" item ? can the be changed ?

Anyone else managed to do this sekret.gifgrin.gif