Advice needed for a beginner

PaulWA4TDi

Hello all,

I have a Audi A4 Avant in Denim Blue. I need some advise to check if I'm going about my cleaning/polishing in the correct manner, or if I can improve on any of the methods.

First off the car is wetted and then foamed with a mixture of snow foam and a little AG shampoo.

Rinsed off, and then washed with Maguire's wash mitt, using the AG shampoo again. Rinsed once again.

Car is then dried using a chamois leather

Next, the car is polished using AG SRP, and wiped of using a micro fibre cloth

Occasionally, time permitting I will then apply a coat of the AG EG Protection.

The finish is ok, but never as stunning as I would like.

I have access to AG, Maguire's and Zymol products at slightly discounted prices so would like to stick with these brands if possible, but am willing to stray if needs be.

My questions,

1, is AG EG a sealant, and if so should and would a wax help protect the finish longer

2, Is foaming the car so often removing any of these polishes / sealants

3, Having heard good things about Zymol HD cleanse, at what stage should this be used and what should I apply over this

4, What else could I do to enhance and prolong the finish

Thanks for your time and for any suggestions,

[ QUOTE ]

My questions,

1, is AG EG a sealant, and if so should and would a wax help protect the finish longer

2, Is foaming the car so often removing any of these polishes / sealants

3, Having heard good things about Zymol HD cleanse, at what stage should this be used and what should I apply over this

4, What else could I do to enhance and prolong the finish

[/ QUOTE ]

1) AG EGP is a sealant, it's fairly durable on its own but a wax would help prolong its life.

2) As long as the foam is wax-friendly it shouldn't remove any.

3) HD Cleanse is usually applied after the polishing stage, personally I would recommend the new Dodo Juice Lime Prime Pre-wax cleanser, easier to work with and leaves a better finish.

4) A good quick detailer would enhance a wax finish, Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer comes highly recommended. 169144-ok.gif

As for your wash process, all looks fine except for the chamois, I would recommend a good quality microfibre drying towel instead.

If you need any further info, PM me!

Alex

Hi,

You cant really beat what is above, HD Cleanse can be a pain to use and wont fit in to your current products list.

Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer is excellent, its acutally a really mild sealant.

There are a few products that compliment the AG combo really well like Nattys Paste Wax.

If you like Megs number #26 gives a really warm nice look.

Geoff