Key Matching

mb

I want to match a new key to my car (2003 Golf IV) the key has W3 on it indicating it is an immo 3 car which normally uses the 7 digit SKC (obtained by GEKO link to VW).

Using vagtacho I logged into the dash & pulled the 4 digit PIN (which I believe the 7 digit SKC is an encrypted version of).

I have successfully logged into the instruments using the 4 digit code (with an additional zero at the front) instead of the or "Use 7 digit SKC" button.

Can anyone confirm the 2 codes are interchangeable & I can use the 4 digit PIN to code my new key - I am sure it is OK but a bit concerned as the first part of the procedure is clearing the old key matchings so am worried I may lock my self "out" of the car ?

Not sure if good form to reply to own post but can anyone shed any light on this part of the ross-tech manual immobiliser which suggests I can only match new keys to an immo 3 car ? I will have a new key & an old (existing) key which it seems I have to clear out - don't want to end up with one working (new) key ?

1281218-immotable.jpg

post-3903-137914411141_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd post a quick reply in-case of use to others.

Matching the keys to the immo was straightforward following the Ross-Tech instructions "Key Matching with 4-digit SKC" was a bit nerve wracking as you have to remove the matched keys & rematch.

Pairing the remotes was less simple as vagcom wouldn't accept a new value for the paired remotes (interestingly 1 so I think matching the keys to the immo removed the "lost" key's pairing (I still hope will find missing key !) so I tried pairing the new key (was a beep when I pressed the button) & then the old key (no beep) however afterwards both worked so possibly channel 01 is remotes to add rather than stored remotes as I have 2 that work but only 1 according to vagcom ?

Does anyone know another way to check the number of stored remotes ?

• 3 months later...

Another update incase it helps anyone else...

Found the "lost" key yesterday which curiously still opened the car but would not start it, error sound & immo light stays on.

So I followed "Key Matching with 4-digit SKC" which allowed me to recode the "2nd hand" key to my immo so now have 3 matching keys...

Haven't tried it with a 2nd hand key from another car but think it would work.

• 6 months later...

Hi mb,

i'm very interested in using vagtacho to obtain PIN.

Could u kindly tell me which version of vagtacho u are using to obtain the 4 digit PIN of the dash?

Can the VAG-COM cable be used with VAGtacho software?

If not, where to bought the cable and software for VAGtacho?

Thanks very much.

I want to match a new key to my car (2003 Golf IV) the key has W3 on it indicating it is an immo 3 car which normally uses the 7 digit SKC (obtained by GEKO link to VW).

Using vagtacho I logged into the dash & pulled the 4 digit PIN (which I believe the 7 digit SKC is an encrypted version of).

I have successfully logged into the instruments using the 4 digit code (with an additional zero at the front) instead of the or "Use 7 digit SKC" button.

Can anyone confirm the 2 codes are interchangeable & I can use the 4 digit PIN to code my new key - I am sure it is OK but a bit concerned as the first part of the procedure is clearing the old key matchings so am worried I may lock my self "out" of the car ?