Factory Bluetooth?

Nelson_R32

I picked my ED30 up today, it has the new RNS 510 in it which has a phone button on it, but I was told rightly or wrongly that the unit had to be factory specified with premium phone kit and could not be retrofitted so now Im stuck with a parrot kit, contrast this to a 12k Fiat Punto which has intergrated windows mobile with bluetooth, voice control and steering wheel controls. VW really need to pull their finger out.

I retrofitted the RNS 510 and saved myself a fair bit on buying it as a factory order. I agree though, a bluetooth module isn't an unreasonable request I don't think.

Unfortunately I'm yet to see an aftermarket kit that doesn't look out of place, that's why I didn't grumble too much about forking out for the OEM kit.

I don't think the installation looks very difficuly, fiddly perhaps. Hopefully I don't have to retract that statement once I've given the installation a bash smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I retrofitted the RNS 510 and saved myself a fair bit on buying it as a factory order. I agree though, a bluetooth module isn't an unreasonable request I don't think.

Unfortunately I'm yet to see an aftermarket kit that doesn't look out of place, that's why I didn't grumble too much about forking out for the OEM kit.

I don't think the installation looks very difficuly, fiddly perhaps. Hopefully I don't have to retract that statement once I've given the installation a bash smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Retrofitting is ok aslong as you don't want to search by postcode! fekr.gif