Pending MKVI GTI

JonC

My family will be expanding over the 12 months with the addition of a dog in May and hopefully a wee one. My beloved GTI will probably be sold and an A4 Avant, something like the 1.8T 190PS, will probably take it's place. This sounds like a stupid question to ask, but with the MKVI GTI in showrooms towards the end of this year from what I understand (would that be correct to assume?)and in order to avoid loosing further in context to residual values, is it the general concensus to sell over the next few months before the MKVI GTI is formally launched and orders are taken? The arrival of the MKVI GTI is clearly going to have an effect on the epic (I'm already devastated that I will probably have to depart with it) MKV GTI. I'm trying to work out when to offer my GTI for sale - do I market it now or later in the year having enjoyed it for a few months longer. Your thoughts and input would be much appreciated. 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jon,

The Mark VI GTI is still bit of a myth. If & when the Mark VI comes out it will probably be another year before the GTI breaks. History to date shows that VW only start with luke warm models.

A few here might debate if you need a bigger vehicle. It depends in what order things appear. Regarding selling I'm not sure now is a good time. I've given myself a few months to sell mine, but at the moment the phone is pretty quiet apart from someone wanting to part ex their ST3 focus.

A4 has great quality but I'm not sure whats connected between the steering wheel & front tyres. I've only driven a B6 though . An Imprezza wagon?

Good luck

Thanks Ryan and Small/Block; that is SO damn good to hear. I thought I would need the boot space for the dog i.e. Avant-style boot space. I suppose one could physically fit a Cocker Spaniel in the boot with the parcel shelf removed, but would definately need some kind of grill to stop the dog from scratching the hell out of thr leather and to keep her in the boot. Is there such a thing for the MKV golf? As you can tell, I've never had to think about a dog before! The GTI is ideal as a family car; that much I know, but with the dog arriving in May as a puppy, I thought a plan would be best devised now ahead of a new addition. If I'm ok with GTI and dog, then my beloved GTI stays with me - that would be most ideal jump.gif

Jon - If your GTI is a 5-door you may find it more practical than you think and be able to enjoy it a little longer.

Bespoke VW rubber floor mat in the boot and wire screen for the doggie?

Wife and baby in the back seats, doggie as navigator in the front, with luggage in boot?

5-door is definitely more family-friendly than 3-door IMO.

Your GTI is fairly recently fully loaded too!

169144-ok.gif

....Oh, and the breed of dog might make a difference!

Jack Russell which can sit on the back shelf pretending to be a nodding-dog toy? Or German Shepherd? - Usually very easily trained and calm.

Pyrennean Mountain Dog? - No chance!!!! You'll need a new house too! They are capable of totally rearranging your furniture layout including large comfy sofas - Believe me!!

RR, my wife has been saying she wants a sog for ages now. I have my GTI, she wants her puppy! A woman I work with, her mother is breeding her Cocker Spaniel so we have our name down for a puppy. My initial thought was that I won't be able to accommodate the dog in the back of the GTI due to space and that any dog would ruin the leather by scratching. I went into practical mode and stupidly thought what devotion to my wife by offering to accommodate a dog that she so desparately wants crazy.gif Even with a cage such as Merlinman suggest, I'm not convinced the dog will fit in there. Anyway, since my last post, my wife and I have agreed that when we need to take the dog in the car, we'll take her car thus avoiding any potential problems/damage to mine. My car is a 5 door - I had planned ahead! Previous Golfs have been 3 door and I've had enough of the awkwardness. The car came to me fully spec'd (or loaded as my signature suggests!) but the Revo remap BMC air panel filter and Milltek are fairly recent additions - that's exactly why I was having sleepless nights over previously having to part with it. Not any longer jump.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sell the dog and put the dog food money you would have otherwise spent over the next 12 months towards a cheeky little remap or similar?! tongue.gifsmile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea; the puppy has a £400 price tag when it comes in May!

£400 towards the remaining Milltek section and the stage 2 Revo Remap....!?!?!?

Thule box on the roof for luggage, dog in the boot, kiddie in the back.. no problem.

I have a Jane travel system (pram + car seat) which is great but very bulky - I am just about to buy a quinny zap pram which folds to a very small package. Means lots more room for other stuff..

[ QUOTE ]

....If Hell does freeze over and you roll your car, you might be glad of a Thule box to transform your GTI into a sled! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif Like it - quick off the mark RR. Practical they are, cool they are not. I suspect there could be some potential damage to the car by fitting the Thule Box/Sledge and that is enough to put me off - I'm obsessive with my paintwork. Weekly detail sessions have put paid to any potential storage solutions being attached to my car. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....It's early days and we don't know what the GTI version will look like but this looks pretty bland imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robin may i ask why you think this? Its not much different to your car? Remember from the bottom of the windows up its exacly the same wink.gif. Lower down above the handles It has a fiat stilo type fold in the side rather than the bland curve the current car has making to me at least especially with the 3 door look far less eurobox bland. It may not work on the 5 door as well but i think it takes away some of the mk5s bubble bland ness from the side look.

From the front i expect it to have a similar lights and front end look to the new passat CC/RaVe 270 Concept and similar rear light look too the cc. wink.gif