GTI + Dynaudio Possible ?

jcoles7

Hi All,

Just wondering if it would be possible to use the Dynaudio components from the EOS in a GTI ? do they use similar size speakers ? in the EOS is the amp mounted where GTI Soundpack AMP goes ? Any information would be appreciated. Especially part numbers for the amp, interface cable from head unit to amp, and speakers of course this is if the speakers will fit.

I have a home THX surround system so know I am never going to get decent sound from the Philips speakers they need to be upgraded, I am also aware that I would benefit from dynamat’ing the car too. I also plan to go to a RNS 510 as the source.

Cheers in advance

Jason

Don't even bother.

Goto www.talkaudio.co.uk join the forum, find threads on the mk5 golf or post up a new one and get aftermarket gear much better and cheaper.

Just for info you 'could' use the oem dynaudio but due to different speaker locations (rear of door v front of door) the crossover settings and speaker independent levels will be all wrong. The moulded in speaker baskets are all wrong so making it even harder as you will have to make odd shaped adaptor plates etc its simply not worth it.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

fair enough, I really want to keep it OEM as possible though. Also on previous cars and a couple of friends cars they have aftermarket audio setup (quite expensive ones at that) and I did not think they sounded particularly good quality. I am after a high quality sound which is why I mention Dynaudio as I associate them with quality speakers (may be this is mistaken trust). I do not want to have to make too many modifications.

Cheers Jason

Ok,

So if I go down the aftermarket route with Dynaudio speakers which ones would be suitable. I think I have 10 speakers in total so I assume I would need a 3 way for the front and 2 way for the rear. But what sizes are suitable, I do not want to have to do too much modding. Also I assume I will need a decent amp ? could this be sited under the passenger seat ?

BR Jason

Im told the Hertz speakers work well in the golf and better than the dynaudios due to the dynaudio 3 way using a domed mid thats not easy to fit in the golf.

Im a fan of the alpine PDX amps they have great sound quality and are quite small also they are very effiecient been a new class D ice power design, they may not be cheap but they have over 150Wrms/ch.

Myself i would not spend alot on upgrade the rears unless you spend alot of time in there or are going to use some surround sound type processor like logic7 its not worth it. What is worth doing is getting a reasonable co-axial type driver for the rear doors that way the rear tweeter thats in the rear doors is no longer blasting into your ears near the drivers headrest dragging the stage and imaging to the rear of the cabin.