New wheels?

grdunn123

I would be a bit wary of ebay as you dont want a dodgy wheel that fails at speed. Some I am sure are OK, but you never know. Also beware of buying sets of wheels / tyres - you must make sure the load rating of the tyres is correct.

I recently bought a new set of wheels and tyres from Elite as they really seem to know their stuff. "A8 Style" wheels are about £80 each for 18 inch and £100 for 19. After a lot of research it seems as if the Goodyear Eagle F1 Aysmetric is the current best tyre (make sure you dont get fobbed off with the older styles of F1). I had wheels / tyres / new bolts / audi logos etc shipped direct to my house and fitted them at home.

A link for the audi wheels on the Elite site is

http://www.elitedirect.com/01_alloy_wheels/1-collection_audi.php5

Regards

Alan

PS Not trying to plug Elite - sure there are plenty of other good places around. I was impressed with them though.

Was a 16v Jetta. Wheels wernt quite square...

If I recall (and things are somewhat vague so please give me a little leeway...) I used to have 205x16" Pirelli zero's on it.

Prior to that I used to get em to fit Goodyear Eagle NCT's on my Metro Turbo. Nice grippy tyres, pity they only lasted 5-6 months on the front!