Autocar artcile

PaulF

In this weeks (20-02-2008) R32 review in Autocar, it mentions that you can press a sequence of buttons on the ventilation controls, to open up a menu on the climate contol screen showing options the dealerships use while servicing. Can anyone shed any light on this??

[ QUOTE ]

In this weeks (20-02-2008) R32 review in Autocar, it mentions that you can press a sequence of buttons on the ventilation controls, to open up a menu on the climate contol screen showing options the dealerships use while servicing. Can anyone shed any light on this??

[/ QUOTE ]

Mk4 or Mk5? I know it can be done on the Mk4...

i think this is it... http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/climatecontcodes.htm

Could be done on the old Leons which I guess is the same as MK4 Golf. TBH the information that was brought up wasn't much use unless you were debugging a fault however you could bring up the rpm and the speed in km/h on the screen

I read it could be done on the MK5 but I don't know the key sequence.

on the mk5 and copied from another forum:

If you push ECON + rights button near Recirculated air. You will show into each screen in the climatronic several interesting values. If you go to channel 19 you will show in the right screen the speed, rpm, motor temp. The are others interesting channels but by the moment there is no info. To go to another channel just move the left temp selector to move to another subchannel just move the right temp selector.