RNS-E and BT Retrofit for new S3

I pick up my new S3 on the 1st and rather than paying the almost ridiculous sums Audi want for the Sat Nav and bluetooth phone prep I thought I'd get someone else to retrofit them.

Lee from Retrofit Systems or TDiAvant as he's known round here was the lucky man doing the install.

After a late start due to a tardy courier we met up at the dealers and Lee had all the bits installed in just over an hour including making sure all the components were properly coded via VAG-Com.

His care an attention to detail for the install was very impressive and I was glad to see he had all the correct tools for removing the necessary trim pieces and everything went back together perfectly so much so that the salesman from the dealership (another tyresmoker aliAUDI) was very impressed.

So thanks Lee and Ali for helping sorting out the install and my new car. I just wish I didn't have to wait until Saturday to play with my new toy ECLIPSe.gif

Looks like you picked a good installer, my experience with SatNav Systems was quite different!

The dealer arranged the install of the RNS-E into my S3 for me. When I got home and tried the put the SD cards in they wouldn't fit, the little bar that holds them in place looked to be located incorrectly so I couldn't even get the cards in! They came out to fix it a week later and after forcing one of the cards in they admitted it was faulty and replaced the unit.

I asked them about making sure Bose was set up correctly (the original one had GALA showing which to me looked like Bose hadn't been set up properly?). When I mentioned GALA the bloke asked me what it was! I explained and he said everything was set up properly.

The GALA option is still showing so I still need convincing it's right.

It shouldn't show Gala in the settings, the Bose system uses the audiopilot mic in the roof. If you have vagcom check adaptation channel 08 on the RNSe it should be set to 255 for Bose. He should have also moved the bose pin in connector B (pin 5 to pin 7) to give you the correct EQ settings.