[Audi A3/S3] New S3 faults, lets compare

AZURES3

Guys

I have 2 new faults on my S3 which are going to be looked at next week. I have to say I am very impressed with Guildford Audi's resolutions and they are pushed very hard internally to ensure first time fixes.

Since new the following have occured:-

ECU light on, fault traced to faulty Lamda sensor. Although since then their seems to have been an ECU update to resolve this issue when there is not an issue.

Rattle from Cigarette lighter, unit replaced while I waited and all resolved.

The new issues are a little odd.

Whoosing metalic sounds from the righ hand side of the engine. This has been traced to a faulty tensioner. Sounds like an old BL car with a faulty water pump when cold.

Steering pulling to the right under hard acceleration at speed, such as the motorway. Also the wheel seems off centre. Reported this as a mild issue at about 300 miles but dealer said Audi would want atleast 2000 on the clock for the suspension to settle down. I seemed to just get used to it but the new tyres have brought the issue back. I have told the dealer I wont pay the £100 to check the tracking but will pay the 0.2/hour per adjustment as i have mentioned it to them twice. I think the camber maybe out as the old tyres wore evenly. Hope the new Goodyears dont have a faulty one amongts them

So who else has had issues and what are they ?

Overall the car has been great and I will do a review in the reviews section soon. Cant believe it is 14 months old already shocked.gif

beerchug.gif

AZ

Okay, so I've had the following: crazy.gif

Dodgy power steering, (could smell a very strong burning and the steering has been very notchy ever since.)

Engine management light on for a faultly Lambda sensor also.

Brakes 'clunk' very loudly every time I apply them.

Electric windows randomly open when they feel like it.

Control modules will not allow themselves to be accessed. (apparently due to a dodgy ECU which needs changing.)

Misfiring, hesitation and lack of power.

and both bucket seats seem to slip backwards or forwards under acceleration and braking, accompanied by the side bolster falling apart, literally!

Needless to say I don't have the car anymore and I have had no problems with the new one so far, it does only have 500 miles on it though! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, so I've had the following: crazy.gif

Dodgy power steering, (could smell a very strong burning and the steering has been very notchy ever since.)

Engine management light on for a faultly Lambda sensor also.

Brakes 'clunk' very loudly every time I apply them.

Electric windows randomly open when they feel like it.

Control modules will not allow themselves to be accessed. (apparently due to a dodgy ECU which needs changing.)

Misfiring, hesitation and lack of power.

and both bucket seats seem to slip backwards or forwards under acceleration and braking, accompanied by the side bolster falling apart, literally!

Needless to say I don't have the car anymore and I have had no problems with the new one so far, it does only have 500 miles on it though! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Feck me talk about a duffer no wonder you got it changed for a new one !!! Maybe you should publish the reg so no one on here buys it 169144-ok.gif

AZ

Off the top of my head I can't completely remember exactly what the new reg number is, as it was on my private plate until 2 days before it was exchanged.

Can't recall what the second character is, but the rest was definitely L*57 KMA, Ice Silver. Actually felt quite sorry for it for some unknown reason... smirk.gif

It's currently Whetstone Audi's demonstrator, as they couldn't afford to sell it on immediately due to the pretty hefty loss they took buying it back from me. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Mine had the black gloss delaminating off the Shark fin areal....Dealer fixed it and put a scratch across the roof - but apparently thats within Waysides acceptable tollerances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like the majority of dealers don't give a sh!te about customer care anymore. smirk.gif

My dealer pretty much totalled my car before I even collected it. Tear in the drivers Recaro, Scuff down to the black plastic on the back bumper, scratch on the front wing and when they attempted to repair the damage at their Audi approved bodyshop they ACTUALLY used the wrong colour code by using the old silver metallic instead of Ice Silver and sprayed way more of the car than they should of trying to blend it in! crazy.gif

You can imagine what I said when I went to collect my two tone 1 week old car! Had to go to the press in the end as they wanted to keep repairing it and CS were absolutely useless and very rude. W@nkers. the_finger.gif

[ QUOTE ]

AZ; PLEASE lets not try and turn this place into audi-sport.net tongue.gif

More positive topics please!! How about "The R32 is better than the S3 because...."

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

R32 better than an S3, only if you are worried about the noise in the Halfords car park exhaust note shoot out yelrotflmao.gif

Seriously though enjoy the R32 looks great, I enjoy the R32's at the lights wink.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

Well you should see all that shiney bling on the front of the R32 as it disappears.....not for long tho - that great heavy lump might sound nice, but there is a Saxo around here that sounds good........

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you even begin to compare the noise of an R32 to a Saxo blush.gif

[/Nelson goes off to do a few laps of the one way system in village]

Just an update to a previous thread I put in about my 07 S3 getting a new gearbox, this ties in nicely with your? AZ.

I had a noise from the front end which was only apparent to me when going around corners. The guys @ Boston changed the gearbox and replaced the wheel bearings, tried different tyres from another donar car. sadly the noise is still there! They have asked me to drive it for a while to see if it gets any worse. I doubt this becoz the noise has been evident since new and the car has done 13000mls.

Any ideas guys

[ QUOTE ]

The only fault I've had with mine is the driver-side electric window. It works fine but occasionally loses the one-touch facility and I have to reset it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly a stoopid question but how do you reset the one touch? I've got this on my passenger window!

S3 beats R32..... and I run for cover! jump.gif

With regards to probs with mine after 12 months.

I think I've got off lightly to be fair:

1. Car was returned to dealer after a scuff was spotted on the bottom corner of front bumper as it rolled under the car. Dealer was Great (Parklands Audi - Gloucester) - they sent the truck back with a loaner (A4 s-line avant) and returned my car 3 days later in perfect condition.

2. Car has recently developed a very loud squeak/squeel from the rear brakes when slowing down gently. Will be mentioning when it goes in for it's service. It's not cool!

3. My steering has become a bit funny at parking speeds, though, it sounds like everyone who has had this done under warranty has had the fault return, so not bothered, but again will mention come service time.

Overall I'm happy - in fact i'd go as far as to say I still love this car. I'm driving it to the alps in a few weeks and can not wait! 169144-ok.gif

JK

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The only fault I've had with mine is the driver-side electric window. It works fine but occasionally loses the one-touch facility and I have to reset it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly a stoopid question but how do you reset the one touch? I've got this on my passenger window!

[/ QUOTE ]

From fully closed, lower the window until fully open, and hold the switch a second longer than you need to. Then fully raise, again, holding the switch for a second more once the window has stopped moving.

That should recalibrate it and it should then work. 169144-ok.gif