Rear Hatch Handle Replaced....

martininwillerby

Had the car in today to have the rear hatch handle changed out under warranty.....

It looks to me like they have changed it out for a newer model version.

It was just by chance I was look around the showroom and spotted that they had changed them..

They are not flush with the body work and seem to be square ends rather than shaped into the body work..

This isn't the best photo but you may get an idea....

1304185-29022008067.jpg

Will ask on monday when I go back to collect my new Monza II wheels.

post-4212-137914412833_thumb.jpg

OT question. you are not the first person i have sen post about getting monza's replaced under warranty. is there an issue with them? warranty due out Mar 08 then one year dealer warranty, so would like to get them changed if there is an issue.

thanks

[ QUOTE ]

OT question. you are not the first person i have sen post about getting monza's replaced under warranty. is there an issue with them? warranty due out Mar 08 then one year dealer warranty, so would like to get them changed if there is an issue thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just changed from an 06 GTi which had 18 Monza's on and in the 2 years I owned it I had a complete set of wheels replaced AND rear exhaust as the chrome tail pipe trims started to rust.

I had absolutely no problems with them being replaced as the old dreaded 'white worm' was clearly to blame.

Yes. There's plenty of stuff on here about the issues just do a search.

It's a lacquer V water issue with the water coming off the best.

Also known as the white worm.

If your car is a UK dealer car then you should be covered for three years.

I've lived with mine since about Sept/Oct time. Not that you could tell unless you looked for it and the wheels had to be clean. I asked them if I could hold on out until after the winter, but with two new tyres needed and then the urge to go to 19" BBS CH's I asked them to order some.

Hope that helps.

Martininwillerby