X3 Satnav screen fails to open

davyk31

Since getting my car about 10 days ago the Satnav screen has failed to open 5 or 6 times when starting the car. Happened mostly with my wife and I kinda thought she was doing something wrong but happened once with me. This has only been a small percentage of times we have started the car and generally it works perfect. Anyone any experience of this happening on theirs? Car is still in warranty so will mention it when its being serviced this week.

Thanks guys for the replies. I did not think this was normal but just wondered was it a fault anyone else had experienced. Car is in for service on Thursday so will get them to check it out. as it does not happen every time it may be hard to trace but they may take my word for it.

Happens frequently on my X3... Screen rolls up from top of dash and gives me the 'BMW' logo. Sometimes it opens and gives me half screen computer with range, fuel consumption, calculate etc... the other half of screen being blank.

Often, the only way to get two halves of screen to come up properly is to switch off and restart the car..... the other half of the screen then gives me where I am by street, road etc and geographical coordinates.

When switching to the radio or CD player, seems to make things worse - sometimes and it is difficult to get it back to driver information and GPS position. Bit of a pain all in all and if I were ordering the car from new I would skip the Sat Nav option. Dealer had checked it out and updated the Sat Nav CD (apparently) and for the run home all worked well. Next day it started playing up again.... Ho Hum!

D.