Retro-fit cruise control (A3)

A3Floyd

i remember seeing somewhere on the website, a place that will retro fit OE audi cruise control. however, i cant seem to find the place again!

Does anyone know who does this? From what i remember, it was quite cheap. thought it might be useful bearing in mind i spend 90% of my driving time on the M20.

Any help/opinions would be very much appreciated.

Ta.

In Belgium, the audi dealers will do it for you. Mate of mine had it done on an A3 for about 200£, but I've heard of places doing it for around 120-130£.

If you are somewhat technical you can also do it yourself: check out http://www.gute-fahrt.de/gf/bauplan/bau_bestell_0298.html , it seems you can download a detailed building plan for 1,50€ there. iirc the stalk+wiring was about 80£.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on AmD's site:

http://www.auto-amd.com/cruise.asp

which seems to include most Audi models - although £275+VAT seems a tad expensive.

Fontain Audi offer an A3 installation for £150, but I'm not clear if that's only if you're having the car APR chipped or if you can have it done as a single job - see here:

http://www.fontain.co.uk/accessories/performance_upgrades-prices.asp

Why do you want to fit a cruise control to the car, a post some while back went into this and the outcome was most members did'nt use it for it's 'intended purpose'.

I had a courtesy car on the day as.net had the track day at castle coombe, some 180 miles later, via the A12, M25 & M4 I found I could only use once or twice.

Just my demonstrative opinion.

I suppose it depends how you drive. Personally, i go up and down the M20 sometimes 2-3 times per day what with work and family all being in London. I usually find that once i settle at a speed (usually 70-80mph), i stay at that speed for the next 30 mins or so - give or take the odd lorry pulling out on me etc. rocketwhore.gif

So i reakon i'd probably make good use of cruise control. before now, i've never been that bothered cos i used to bomb around everywhere at whatever speed i wanted. but now there seems to be a speed camera for every 500 meters of road and i'm determined not to pay a penny to the money-grabbing B'stards! Having cruise might be a good way of taming the twitchy right foot smile.gif

I had a loaner last week which didnt have cruise installed and its something i missed alot, i dont do that much motorway driving, but when i do its usually at odd hours and the roads are usually pretty quiet. Its nice to be able to plonk it on at 80 wink.gif and not have to worry.

[ QUOTE ]

I had a loaner last week which didnt have cruise installed and its something i missed alot, i dont do that much motorway driving, but when i do its usually at odd hours and the roads are usually pretty quiet. Its nice to be able to plonk it on at 80 wink.gif and not have to worry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that odd hours and empty roads did not equate to 80 mph.

Why have you got an S3 then Graham............ notworthy.gif