Sat Nav Problem

Ken1

Folks ,

I got my MF2DVD transfered from my GTI to R32 today but no joy I'm afraid it won't even give a reading as to the position of the car it just keeps saying "off road". All conneections seem to be correct and my phatnoise unit is connected all fine and the nokia bluetooth phone kit and the high line display is picking up the sat nav but again it also says "off road". I guess the GPS aerial must be faulty even though it worked fine in the GTI. Just wondering if there is anything else I'm missing , is there any particular coating on the R32 front screen that would be preventing it reading the GPS aerial? It is mounted just under the heater vent on top of the dash as in the GTI.

off topic slightly but how good is this sat nav. I've noticed them going for under £400 on ebay and im considering selling my tomtom and treating myself to one of these. I presume you cant add speed camera locations or use postcode searches? How easy is it to input addresses without a touch screen? Thanks

ryan, the rns 510 is expensive but much much better and if you have a new 08 model ed30 then i would try and haggle for an rns 510 you should be able to get one for around £950 maybe £900 pushing, just pose as a dealer they will be hopeoing you want more of them...

i was in the the same boat as you, have had the mfd2, it is good but mfd3 is mile miles better..

sorry to hi jack the post..

sounds like your either not plugged up properly, have a sheilded windscreen or faulty gps antennae have you tried putting the antenna out the window to see if it get signal???