[Audi A3/S3] What gets your S3 going

AZURES3

Kerb or White Line as the line of judgement?  

1. 1. Kerb or White Line as the line of judgement?

• Kerb
    • White Line (centre of road marking)

So besides the nice cold air being sucked in to the engine bay what super unleaded does your S3 enjoy.

I have to say so far mine really likes the Total Excellium and really does seem to react well to it. Tesco's 99 seems good too but it just seems to really go like bonkers on the Total Excellium, worth a tank to try 169144-ok.gif

Sainsbury's Super is a match for any fuel I've found. Makes all it's horsepower as proved at Santa Pod.

Any difference that exists between this and V-power or Ultimate or Excellium etc IMO is so miniscule as to be undetectable on the road. I know people swear by one fuel or the other but for me there's nothing in it (i'm talking 97 and above here).

I've always used V-Power but the price is getting stupid now - £1.14p a litre. I notice no difference in power or response, but I get far better MPG out of the old girl.

I'm now going to change and buy Saino's Super Unleaded as it's cheaper and right next door to my house. If the mpg doesn't suffer, I'll keep using that.

[ QUOTE ]

Note to self - don't ever buy a car from someone who runs a £30,000+ car on supermarket fuel!

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this thread the other day and saw something this morning that reminded me of this comment....

I went to my local Shell Garage in Egham to fill up with some vpower diesel and noticed a Ferrari being filled up. Now this isn't an uncommon sight in Egham with Maranellos being just across the road, but I noticed that one of the garage bods was filling it up with standard unleaded!

This seems like a crime to me?! sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Note to self - don't ever buy a car from someone who runs a £30,000+ car on supermarket fuel!

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this thread the other day and saw something this morning that reminded me of this comment....

I went to my local Shell Garage in Egham to fill up with some vpower diesel and noticed a Ferrari being filled up. Now this isn't an uncommon sight in Egham with Maranellos being just across the road, but I noticed that one of the garage bods was filling it up with standard unleaded!

This seems like a crime to me?! sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, standard unleaded in a Fez is obviously silly. I don't believe one tank will have any detrimental effects on the engine whatsoever but I'm sure it'll be down on power and response.

However filling an S3 up with 97 RON is exactly that. It is an Audi 2 litre 4 pot, not the most sophisticated machinery to hit the automotive world and super unleaded is perfectly fine for it - it does not need V-power.