Elsawin

andymacc

Hi

Just bought a copy of Elsawin off ebay. All loaded OK and I can get all the text from all of the various bits but I cannot get any diagrams. There is a little box with a red x in and a number which relates to the diagram. The Diagrams are all there because they can be looked at with windows explorer in the elsawin tree. I've loade all of the ad ons,adobe etc but still no piccy's I've been in touch with the guy who sold me it he has been as helpful as he can but we cannot crack it. Any computer wizards out there who could shed some light or some suggestions.

Thanks

Andy. confused.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi I am new here and I have also a problem with elsawin,when I install the DATA dvd on my pc there coms a screen after 75% that the file already exists (but it is the first time that I install the software) an it continius for the rest of the data file's.

than I open elsawin and it works fine but some pictures are missing in the program.

can anyone help me with my problem?

hi guys ive bought 2 copies off different sellers on e-bay neither of which work i have been told i need to alter the date on my computer to make it work the other just wont work the seller stated moey back guarantee but wont answer e-mails, i have een told by an i.t. guy tht theses are pirate copies and due to the fact they need internet connecton to work VAG could trace them back and i would be in big trouble, dont know if this is true, i reckon were being duped by theses sellers. i have now bought a Gendan scanner and use the discs as coasters Kevin

• 5 weeks later...

I think I have the answer to the problems of installing Elsawin:

try to install it on A pc with A HDD with A 80Gb space and the install will work

I think the HDD may not be larger of 80Gb of space,I have installed it on 3 PC's with 80Gb HDD and had no problem,when I installed it on A HDD of 120 Gb the problems begins.

best regards TG1

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get 3 CD/DVD's of elsawin, install and two data CD/DVD's?

Normal process is to install the installation CD/DVD and then copy the other two CD/DVD's to a folder on your computer then run the setup program from that folder or it won't copy the diagrams.

Are there any instructions from within the elsawin install folder?

• 4 months later...

The size of the HDD should'nt affect how it works, it's more likely down to the version of acrobat. I've had 2 versions now & both work fine.

Just make sure you read the installation instructions down to a T & it should be fine. (usually a text file on one of the disks)

I had probs with the trial period on the first one, but it was down to me not installing it properly... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Have a look on the disc for a setup program called svgviewer and install, all should be ok!

Hi Matt,

(i tried to PM you, but it doesn't seem to work and i ended up leaving a 'visitor message' by mistake - no idea what that is or whether you'll get it!)

I noticed that you seem to know a bit about Elsawin. I have just obtained a copy (v3.6) and am having trouble getting it going. I have installed the client and the Audi DVD, and all seemed to go OK. i have logged onto the admin program and created a username & pwd as well as the admin one. I then tried to load the client, but when it loads i get the note screen OK, but then get a bunch of faults: failed to loads infoPASS, infoSNK, infoHS2, infoWT, infoSLP, infoWWW, infoAU, infoRL, infoKi2, infoIGG, and infoSAZ.

When the main program comes up with the 10-or so cirlucar icons, whenever i click on any of them, it just comes up with 'failed to create empty document' and stays on the main screen.

Any ideas how I may be able to fix this? Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I've had this with vista. If you make both the elsa and elsaadmin shortcuts wondowsxp compatible and sign in as administrator then this cures that problem.

Does anyone know how to get over the

"Cannot create a file when that file already exists"

problem with installing data?

I had the same problem with my Vista machine. I was advised to create a 'true administrator' account in Vista and load Elsawin in this account and it worked. Apparently if you have yourself set as an Administrator in Vista you're not actually a full blown one!

There are videos on You-tube which explain how to create a 'true administrator' account - hope this helps.

Also, when you do get Elsawin up and running and you have inputted your car details only press the 'OK' button to start the programme as the 'Start Enquiry' button tries to access the internet system and fails.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Hi, can I reactivate this thread? I just bought the three-disc version of Elsawin on Ebay and installed it on my Windows XP p.c. It works fine except I can't get the pictures like previous posters here. I googled the problem and downloaded SVGview but no result, so I looked in the utilities folder on the installation disc and from that installed Acrobat Reader 5.05, but still no pictures! I would be most grateful if someone could guide me through whetever steps i need to take.

• 8 months later...

Hi

I had failed to loads infoPASS, infoSNK, infoHS2, infoWT, infoSLP, infoWWW, infoAU, infoRL, infoKi2, infoIGG, and infoSAZ.failed to create document, after wanting to smash My pc up with a big lump hammer I found that all you need to do if running Vista or windows 7 is right click elsawin icon and a pop up box appears then... run as administrator... Sorted works great