A big thanks to Mattchaps

flyfs6

Our Polo GTI had been at the dealers for nearly a month. The dealer scratched it but didn't fix it properly.

I needed somebody to check the car over with me for flaws, I called on Mattchaps. So a big thank you to you Sir for coming out to inspect the car with me. 169144-ok.gif

bowdown.gif to the power of TSN 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Did you get a response?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only after collecting the car. I took it even though I knew its not right & thought I would await his reply & also hope for the best - that it looked better in light, I just didn't want to moan again. The letter simply acknowledges my letter to them.

Guess what? The car is no different from the last time & there's overspray inside too (ok less dirt in paint this time). EEK2.GIF

PM sent. I honestly hate to moan and its quiet embarassing really. Thats why when Matt looked at the car with me and he even said the paint was a different texture on the otherside. I thought well they've had a second go and hope it'll be ok.

The amount of peel is ludicrous I mean uneven to touch, door shuts etc are unfinished/rough. I only noticed the overspray when the speedometer looked hazy and rough to touch, so is my window. The list goes on. The smell is quiet bad, considering I've let the car air out for 4 days its still there. It literally makes me feel light headed and my eyes burn when I get in the car. Others who have been with me, or seen me after I've driven the car will vouch.

I really do feel for the service manager. The issue was simple. I asked them to repair the peeling problem, by asking the bodyshop to flatten the paint down properly and they haven't.

When we left that day I let them know it wasn't right. Since then I've said to them I'll have the car looked at elsewhere and I have taken it to a couple of detailers. Awaiting quotes, then I'll discuss it with them. I'm yet to speak with the dealer principle about it.

The dealer suggested the way its going on and to fix it they'll have to respray the whole car. I think, not!

Get the car inspected by a VW approved bodyshop, the bodyshop that did the work are not an approved as far as I know.

There are two fairly local to you, one is AB Crush Panelcraft, Dover.

The other is CARS of Chilham.

I am also aauming that the car is still under warranty, therefore they should be the only people touching the car.

Thanks for input, I'll get an approved bodyshop to do that as well. Though I was assured when the car was being booked in that its a VW approved bodyshop.

I think the car may have gone to AB Crush. The only glimpse of their paperwork that I got either said AB or AD Panelcraft, But I once wanted to get something out of the car and a service advisor told me the bodyshop is near Hythe and about 15 mins from the dealer. Hence the name I gave you.

I'm London based. Are you aware of any London bodyshops?

Nope, don't know any london based approved bodyshops, but I can find out, whereabouts exactly are you near, I very much doubt the car went to AB Crush bodyshop, their work is pretty much faultless. I suspect they sent it to the poeple who do their used car prep.

PM'd my contact number.