GTI Spring Festival....

RedRobin

Well I'm a bit frustrated. I have been looking forward to going to this event and even managed to get the kids looked after ny grandparents. Unfortunately i've managed to catch tonsilitis. I thought I was starting to get better but have today found I'm allergic to the antibiotics prescribed too :ffs:

I'm still hoping to come along but need to start making a swift recovery!

This was my first trip to 'The Pod' and although I 'thought' I knew what to expect, I was a bit disappointed.

I arrived at about 11.15am and the place was busy with some seriously modified machinery as well as some much loved OEM stuff too.

After about half an hour there was a shower and all racing stopped. Sweepers and jet blowers subsequently went out but further rogue showers undid all that work. Gave it until about 2.30 and still no signs of anything goint out?! I assumed that they would still run in the wet but obviously suffer slower times?? Anyway, having mooched around for almost 3 hours I got a bit bored of waiting for some action. Mindful of having to pick the little 'uns up too me & Mrs TT decided to head back.

Glad I went but for £15 entry fee each, it would have been nice to have seen at least one car go up the strip!

Sorry chaps - I did take a camera but no pics!!

RR - I saw your car and kept an eye open for you - I foolishly left my mobile in my other car swapping them over on the drive this morning so couldn't track you down there. Your car looked good though +++

....T_T - Sorry we missed each other! I got invited to ride passenger down the strip but wasn't allowed to continue at the start. So when I got out of the car the crowd cheered so I gave them a "Y" wave and got louder cheers! I then went a stage further, shook my arse at them and dropped my waterproof trousers! They loved it!!

I didn't take my car down the strip. Did you miss the jet car as well?

Sounds like you provided some spectator entertainment Robin? :roflmao:I hope you didn't expose your dump valve :P:o

I missed the jet car - what time did that go out?

Did the racing resume later in the afternoon? Just as I left it started to rain again so I assumed not. Would have loved to have seen some more action. Anyhow managed to come home with some nice Autostyle taylored interior mats with red bindings and GTI logo's. I've already got some Autostyle ones very similar and they're very well made, but managed to talk the fellow to sell them to me for £30 which seemed like a very good deal for aspare set.

I noticed by the arrival photography timings that you arrived fairly early - 9.25 ish iirc? The photo of your car looked quite good. All pics will be available on the website www.photography-uk.com in a week's time.