SE Car Kit

Hi installed a SE BT car-kit for a friend & all works perfectly except for a terrible noise from the microphone (can't here talking at all just crackle)

I have separated the mic wire from the other wires & looped the bundled up wire around a ferrite ring but still no joy - is this OK or does wire have to pass fully once through the ferrite ring ?

Stereo is aftermarket JVC & I have installed a mute wire but all other wiring (earth, live, ign live) are all separate from stereo but guess could try with stereo off/remove mute maybe ?

Does anyone have any suggestions please ?

Hi,

I think it is the mic as the noise is there with the engine off & the wire extended all the way out so I am standing 2m from the car !

I tried the mic on a PC and it seemed not to work but not sure if it should ?

Will try the mic in my Nokia kit & see if that produces the same symptoms - do you know if all mics are interchangeable ?

do you know if all mics are interchangeable ?

They aren't normally - even some of the Nokia mics aren't fully interchangeable, (different impedances and noise cancellation properties).

It does sound like a duff mic from what you have described.

They aren't normally - even some of the Nokia mics aren't fully interchangeable, (different impedances and noise cancellation properties).

It does sound like a duff mic from what you have described.

Still haven't got to the bottom of this one... Managed to retrieve my Nokia BT box from the depths of the dash & you are quite correct the mics are different (2.5mm vs 3.5mm jack) so the hunt is on for a SE mic to try !