No claims question

Ritey

Thats right - you can't use your no-claims on a bike but they will hammer you if you've had a claim on your car insurance. Absolute con if you ask me....

Too right, in our house we have one bike (mine) and one car (the wifes), until recently i had the bike insured myself (of course) and i also was the insurer for the car, this was simply due to historic circumstances. But (i thought) if my wife had a prank then i would suffer on my bike no claims !!!! We have now changed it to be in my wifes name with me as a named driver, just be very careful out there.

It's especially unfair if you cosider that the situation does not arise if you have a second car (something nice for the weekend perhaps).

I think the UK insurance industry is a scandelous rip off fuelled by corporate greed, stupifying compensation claims, uncontrolled legal costs, government taxes and other charges like hire costs .... It acts like a tax on every driver/rider... the beneficiaries are Insurance companies, the government, lawyers, car manufacturers, garages, hire car firms and people who think a compensation claim is akin to a lottery win.