How do i tell if my car is performing to OEM?

AsianMpower

I have recently bought a mk5 gti with 60k miles in red with manual gear select.

i dont know if its me but i find that this gti is slower than my previous one which was a dsg.

it was along time ago when i had the previous one but i find it takes abit of time building up the power and then moving, now i am not sure if its because i was use to a NA car or there something not right?

any suggestions would be a big help thanks!

I have recently bought a mk5 gti with 60k miles in red with manual gear select.

i dont know if its me but i find that this gti is slower than my previous one which was a dsg.

it was along time ago when i had the previous one but i find it takes abit of time building up the power and then moving, now i am not sure if its because i was use to a NA car or there something not right?

any suggestions would be a big help thanks!

If I were you I would find a mate, with Vag-Com, to run a check for any fault codes showing to start with.

If you've just bought it through a dealer ask them to run a check on their computer saying you're not happy & would like it checked out as you think something is wrong.

You could get the power and torque tested on a rolling road ?

Have you checked the Forge DV out - any hissing etc. ? - a lot of these have split / leaked.

Are you using Superunleaded petrol ?

yes i do hear the dump valve when changing gear is this normal or is there a problem with the valve?

If I were you I would find a mate, with Vag-Com, to run a check for any fault codes showing to start with.

If you've just bought it through a dealer ask them to run a check on their computer saying you're not happy & would like it checked out as you think something is wrong.

good idea mate i might just book it into vw to check that. is there no onboard code checker?

Something i often do when buying a secondhand car is find out from magazine reviews the ingear figures. Things like 30-50 in 3rd, 50-70 in 5th/6th. Then use a flat bit of road and ruffly time it. Its a good basic, no cost and hassle free indicator that a cars running near spec.