Finding a satellite

JD_55

I just bought an A6 3year old final edition. The sat nav worked great in Devon, usually displayed 4 or 5 available satellites. Now I'm home in Cumbria it can't find any satellites at all.

I can set the position manually but there's a new road between me and the motorway and every time I go to the motorway it loses its position completely.:(

Anything I can do about this?

Thanks in advance.

Is it under warranty ? - if not then you could get a GPS antenna from ebay for less than £10 and plug that in to the Sat nav direct and bypass the roof monuted one. That would prove the issue or not - before you (if you decide to ) shell out for a new roof mounted aerial. Or you could also live with the ebay antenae and do what most after market Audi SAT nav installs do and put the antenae above the dashpod (you remove the speedo and put the antenae in behind - no wires visible).

Dead easy to do and the antenae gets full view to the stars through the window.

Thats what I did with mine when it arrived with a faulty GPS, used a puck until I could get it to the dealers under warranty.

it confused the service bloke as I disconnected it when I got there and of course the position was correct and he said it wasn't faulty.