audi s8 alloys

sgtstrev

Hi i am looking at fitting some new alloys to my s8 1998 would like to continue with 18" alloys but are having trouble finding alloys with same offset as the factory fit ones having a offset of ET48 . Would anybody be able to clear up what ones fit and what offset i can get away with and what adverse effects this will have on suspension and bearing loads etc . Have spoken to a couple of retailers and are getting conflicting reports on what offset i can get even to the extent that apparently Et 48 would not work :confused:as they would contact the brake calipers any help would be great.

These fit....

wheel.jpg

Fox RS8 8.5J x 20 et 35.

Alloys3.jpg

For sale soon as well.................

The thing about wheel fitment is that the style also plays a part. The dish on these wheels precluded me fitting a big brake kit whereas the 19" Replica RS6 alloys I have for the winter will take it fine. Both are ET 35 but there is no dish on the RS6 reps. In fact the spokes are further out at the rims thean the mounting face. With the RS8s the spokes were in line with the mounting face.

There are people on here running ETs as low as 15. It's all a matter of wheel width / ET / and design.

I'm now in the market for a set of summer wheels and am limited to wheel style where the spokes are further out than the mounting face because of the calipers I've bought. They do exist becase I had the brakes desined for the 19" wheels.

HTH

Mike

Edited by Figure11

I brought them in September for £750 so would be looking for £650 they have Falkens on them with a 45 profile(I think!). If I get £650 for them then cool if not I will get them powder coated and put them on when the weather gets a little better!!

Will put some picks up Soon!

I can also deliver in the South East for a little extra!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...