Hey need help with problems iwht my golf

frigga666

Hello everyone, im new to this forum, i recently bought a golf gti 1.8T for £1700. i think it was a bargain. its got 100k Full dealer service history climotronic, heated recaro seats and its a jazz blue, but everyday im finding minor things wrong with it and i was just wondering wether u guys could help me. heres a list if things wrong with it.

The drivers side heated seat is not working but the passeger side is. ive read that its a common problem.

The passenger side lock goes down but comes back up after i press the interior lock button on the drivers side, but the rest stay down.

The wipers are i think faulty, it is either really fast or really slow, sometimes it just stops working. ive just read my one had rain sensors is that wots causing it

Ive been told that the anti roll bar bushes are gone aswell which im gona be changing tomorrow. the car is currently making noises everytime i hit a bump on the road. the car sits really low though ive hit things three or four times now.

and finally how do you get the in center dash panel out, the left side of the cd player to be exact, cos its rattling and its really annoying me. ive tried pulling it and some plastic thing broke so ive stopped trying. is there a thread that i can follow

Edited by frigga666

OK, here we go...

Heated seats... don't know.

Passenger lock... faulty door lock mechanism, common problem due to poor soldering. Replacement is about £80 from vw and 1hr-ish labour to fit.

Wipers... sound like their seizing. Take them off - pop the caps off at the base of the wiper, undo the nuts, and pull... DON'T crack your windscreen. Use lots of lubricant. When it's off, give the splines a good clean and put on lots of grease and put it back together. As for rain sensors, do you have a big black spot where the interior mirror meets the window with a thin shaft leading into the headlining? That's rain sensors, if you don't have that - no rain sensors. The little slider thing on the top of the right-hand stalk adjusts the sensitivity of the wipers.

Anti-roll bar bushes... the knocking will stop when you get them done - check the oil sump underneath if you've hit things - just to be sure.

Dash panel... it's best to take the CD player out to get to that area. There's a 1mmwide and 10mm tall slot on each side - I cup up an old credit card to push bits in there and it's a matter of persevering with it.

Hope this helps!