Fitting a single play CD to Bora

Hi all,

I have the usual Gamma radio/cassette player and NO CD player nor multi-play :ffs:.

Have suffered for a good few years when there is bugger all on on the radio, so eventually got round to buying a single play CD to fit in the Bora.

My question is, how do I remove the knick-knack tray above the existing radio inorder to slide ion the CD player and connect it up?

I have the tools to remove the Audi head units, but couldn't see on the Gamma where they go.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance. +++

They fit in by sides of each of the end buttons if I remember rightly.

How much did you pay for the CD player? I have a spare one here and it would be nice to know what to expect to get for it :)

BTW ChasDrury may be interested in the tray for his Bora if he hasn't already got one.

They fit in by sides of each of the end buttons if I remember rightly.

How much did you pay for the CD player? I have a spare one here and it would be nice to know what to expect to get for it :)

BTW ChasDrury may be interested in the tray for his Bora if he hasn't already got one.

The geezer had it on eBay at BIN for £35 with £10 postage.

Hoever, I had also 'watched' some others and one of them finished yesterday at £46 before postage. I don't think matey had looked at them before BIN'ing it - or just wanted a definitely easy sale.

If I can get the tray out in one piece, I'll send it to him, no problem. :grin:

Are the removal keys the same as the Audi jobs?

Take out the headunit by sliding the removal keys in the holes either side of the numbers, then it's easy to take out the cubby tray.

You need to get a spacer that fits between the HU and CD player too IIRC and IMO it looks much better with the HU above the CD player +++

Spacer? Oh arse!

If your Audi removal tools dont work, you can use two sets of feeler gauges instead.

When I fitted mine I placed the Head unit above the CD player, as I think it looks better.

The only draw back is ther Head unit can't be seen with the cup holder out.

I have never used the cup holders in the 3 yrs I've been driving it!

I've only used them once in the Audi over 2 yrs.

I'll probably fit the CD at the top. Just need to get the ventilation spacer gap thingy now. Can it be fitted after, with the CD and Radio inplace or do they need to come out again? I'll only really play the CD on the way home, but will buy one tonight.

Thanks peeps! +++

You will need the "T" shaped keys rather than the knife shaped ones for the single DIN units (& some of the DDs but not the navi) I had some keys so didn't try with feeler guages but looking at the shape I think they won't work unless someone has tried with the T keys ?

Eg - 133 VW Delta Radio Removal Keys Golf/Polo Stereo Tools on eBay, also, Other In-Car Ents GPS, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 27-Mar-09 22:19:08 GMT)

Edited by mb
link

OK thanks. Will try to find a UK supplier of these.

I think I have some you can borrow if you are only going to need them to take out install the stereo/CD changer ?

When you take out the stereo if you are sure it is the original that came with the car it will be matched to your car so not need a code but code should be in the handbook. CDC plugs straight in the back although you should really have 3 plugs (blue, yellow & green) for it to stay in properly - let me know if none of this makes sense !

I think I have some you can borrow if you are only going to need them to take out install the stereo/CD changer ?

When you take out the stereo if you are sure it is the original that came with the car it will be matched to your car so not need a code but code should be in the handbook. CDC plugs straight in the back although you should really have 3 plugs (blue, yellow & green) for it to stay in properly - let me know if none of this makes sense !

That would be very kind of you sir.

It all makes sense. I have seen the connectors on the CD player and they are blue, yellow and green, all together.

I'll PM you my address.

I think the radio is the original that came with the car. Will check the manual for a code just incase! +++