vw used car warranty length?

sleeping fox

Personal experience. Warranty direct are more slippery than an oiled up pole dancer. Do your research before taking a warranty with them.

Sounds like you have made your mind up to just put up with 3 months. I personally wouldn't.

Like edo has said - looks like you've made your mind up!

I'd still try and pull out - VW main dealers can pull stock from any other main VW dealer in the UK.

Its worth a try if you are after the 12 month warranty - it may be down to the fact that the car is 4 year old that means they will only give 3 months.

Have things like timing belts, A/C belts, fan belt, water pump been 'done' - that maybe why they'll only offer 3 months.

Warranty - More than 3 Years Old : Volkswagen UK

Like everyone else, I'd say walk away, unless you get some good answers.

A VW main dealer only offering 3 months either suggests they're trying to make a few quid out of you or they have no confidence in the product (does it have something wrong with it that might go pop within 6 months or x miles and they don't want to be lumbered or is it already a 'wrong un'??). Is that really all the std approved used warranty is, or is it not an approved car?

You would get 3 months warranty from any remotely trustworthy independent and pay considerably less in the first place so what advantage are you actually getting by going to VW - None, apart from the privilege of being ripped off!!!

The Toe-rag is hardly Veyron exclusive and you shouldn't have to wait months & months to find something that is close or even better than what you have found at the moment.

Are the options you want really that exclusive? If you're that desperate, I'd bet at least some can be retro-fitted.

Do yourself a favour and go back to the dealer & ask difficult questions (and get answers) or get your cash+++

Tell 'em you want your deposit back, you expected and require a 12 month VW warranty, and if they can't/won't provide one, say you'll find a dealer who will. End of. They are desperate to shift metal like this at the moment (despite what they might say), so be firm but polite, and you will get your way. Incidentaly, if they won't give a year's warranty on a car, ask yourself why... maybe because it is a potential moneypit ?

Oh, +1 on the 'aftermarket warranties are worthless' sentiment mentioned.