Engine struggling at 2400-2700RPM

pritesh

Hey all,

I'm in need of some help rather urgently here...

Motor: VW Passat 1.8T 20V Sport Tiptronic. Miles: 98K 2001 Model

the car was just serviced today using all original parts including oil and when taking it out for a run this evening I noticed that when the car was fully warmed up, if I booted the throttle the car jerks between 2400 - 2700 RPM and then runs fine. This only happens if I boot the throttle, if there is no hard acceleration then it never happens.

I also noticed that the engine management light "flashes" for a few seconds and then goes out.

A few months ago i had to replace the coil packs and unfortuantley they are not originals

The MAF sensor has been replaced and is from VW. Timing belt was done at 60K directly from VW.

Any thoughts on why? or what this may be? I'm fresh out of ideas and in need of some help fast as I have a long trip to Bolton on Wednesday

Thanks in advance

P

Hey all,

I'm in need of some help rather urgently here...

Motor: VW Passat 1.8T 20V Sport Tiptronic. Miles: 98K 2001 Model

the car was just serviced today using all original parts including oil and when taking it out for a run this evening I noticed that when the car was fully warmed up, if I booted the throttle the car jerks between 2400 - 2700 RPM and then runs fine. This only happens if I boot the throttle, if there is no hard acceleration then it never happens.

I also noticed that the engine management light "flashes" for a few seconds and then goes out.

A few months ago i had to replace the coil packs and unfortuantley they are not originals

The MAF sensor has been replaced and is from VW. Timing belt was done at 60K directly from VW.

Any thoughts on why? or what this may be? I'm fresh out of ideas and in need of some help fast as I have a long trip to Bolton on Wednesday

Thanks in advance

P

Hello.

Did you sort this fault? it sounds like a Coil or MAF fault, but you really needed to get a laptop hooked up to the car and read the faults and data.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...